Thread: Video Freezes with Logitech C910 webcam on Windows 7 x64

Video Freezes with Logitech C910 webcam on Windows 7 x64

I am having a Logitech C910 HD Pro Webcam and I am running a running a 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate operating system on my Quad Core computer system. Regardless of what I do, my Skype video output freeze now and then. I can get the video to continue, but it was problematic. My Skype technical information is first-class and the picture quality of Skype is wonderful on both ends when not frozen. Any help is very much respected…

Re: Video Freezes with Logitech C910 webcam on Windows 7 x64

Here I have given you some reasons due to which your webcam might not be working properly with the skype.

1. Logitech: Here the software uninstall and reinstall the drivers ONLY and nothing much. Then recommended to switch off the microphone of the camera in. Please use standard headset (no USB device).
    2. Pre-installed virus software and firewall software (probably Symantec) so try solve this problem by disabling it. This means you must remove all the virus out of it and then stop the firewall of a security software. Subsequently turn off this software is not a big problem after reinstalling it.

There are hundreds of messages threads made for the problems regarding the webcam problem but most of the time the same manufacturer comes out common. It should ONLY be in the Logitech software, NOT the drivers. Logitech software cross almost everywhere and draws on all resources, and thereby causing immense conflict. This all has to get out. Camera for Skype to use the drivers are only necessary (about 3% of the included software).

First, thanks for the extensive advice. As I mentioned earlier, I have an installation of the camera has worked with Logitech made. It also concluded that the camera, for example, only with their software drivers) was installed without (. concluded also an all non-Microsoft services to disable at startup (thus completely Symantec) and the firewall helped nothing. It is particularly remarkable, the camera works in all respects, except with Skype and in XP it works well with it. For I see this with incompatibility of Skype with Windows 7 indeed. I mainframe systems programmer myself and professionally there, operating systems and other software constantly install, I am familiar with such problems satisfy any of the. So I put little value on iregndwelche attempts, a la Plug and play. I really want a clear statement can Skype with Windows 7 with WebCam (especially Logitech) to work? Because otherwise I exchange the camera around, but I need a response fairly quickly, otherwise the right to exchange my runs.

The frame rate should be 30 are enclosed. This rate is controlled by the packet loss. It goes back immediately, if only 1% packet loss occurs. This goes back as far up you still have only a still picture (from about 20% packet loss). Packet loss is NOT a Skype problem or a problem with your hardware or software. It depends solely on the quality attributes. A router or worse WLAN cut here of part or all purely horrible. Do not forget about an internet connection as well.

Though everything seems to be all right with the webcam you have and with the windows 7 drivers as well but still here I have provided some of the most likely possibilities that causes such problems while video calling. Internet connection of one or both sides is poor. Possible DSL speed has nothing to do with the. Packet Loss? max 5% thereafter freeze the images. CPU load <85% can pass everything else possible. When comes to wireless, there are other 1001 possibilities.

I have or had the same problem with the Logitech C910 webcam and Skype...It is to cry, but oh well...I have found a solution...The following procedure:

1. Cam install the drivers and software

2. Skype 3.5.0.239 install

3. Just uninstall the software of the cam (driver) keep

4. In the Cam-options, uncheck "Automatic sensitivity" and before "Restlichverstärkung" Remove Now

5. (Optional) Exposure to 1 / 15 [s] and the "sensitivity" of 1000 put the

If the exposure to max. represents the image starts to stutter...Therefore, down a bit so that (for me just 1 / 15) and everything is fluid...So for me it works so I hope to you too...Otherwise, work for me the Skype Versions 2.5.0.154 and 3.0.0.218 "with the CAM software etc. properly...It now remains to be only seen who first brings out an update on the problems -> Logitech or Skype. Hope it does not take too long ... As soon as possible so that we can make full use of everything...

Sincerely,

I have purchased a new Logitech C910 HD webcam. The OS (Windows 7 Ultimate 64x) recognizes the camera and accepted the webcam driver along with its software. When I open the Preview window from the application, I didn’t see any video in that. It seems to me that the Webcam is not capturing any video.I can only caputure video in the Microsoft Movie Maker program.

Quote Originally Posted by Deachill View Post
    I have purchased a new Logitech C910 HD webcam. The OS (Windows 7 Ultimate 64x) recognizes the camera and accepted the webcam driver along with its software. When I open the Preview window from the application, I didn’t see any video in that. It seems to me that the Webcam is not capturing any video.I can only caputure video in the Microsoft Movie Maker program.
    You can try to follow the below method to solve your issue:

1) First of all Click Start -> Run... -> Open: -> Type regedit, then click OK.

You can also access the Run command by pressing the Windows logo key ( ) and the "R" key simultaneously.
    (Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...he-Run-command)

2) Open the following registry key by clicking the ( + ) signs:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro​l\Class\

3) Search for {4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
    4) Click on the folder icon this time... not on the ( + ) sign.
    5) Please let me know if the following entries are present:

(Default) --- REG_SZ --- Sound, video and game controllers
    UpperFilters --- REG_MULTI_SZ --- ksthunk

6) Return to step 2.
    7) Search for {6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}
    8) Please let me know if the following entries are present:

(Default) --- REG_SZ --- Imaging devices
    UpperFilters --- REG_MULTI_SZ --- ksthunk

9) Close the Registry Editor.

Check if the problem is resolved