Thread: Airtel applied 100 sms restriction rule from 27th of February

Airtel applied 100 sms restriction rule from 27th of February

Its a very rude decision taken by the airtel people regarding this matter. So from now on if you are messaging above 100 sms in a day then you will be charged. However it is very strange that the trai was going to apply this condition from the end of this month. Why did airtel started it so early. I need an answer for this. So anyone who have faced the similar problem like this then do voice in your opinions here. I think this will be the much better platform for them.

Re: Airtel applied 100 sms restriction rule from 27th of February

Yes it is true, trai has limited the sms flowing in a day from 500 to 100. So if you have got the free messaging coupon from airtel and if you extend the limit of 100 messages in a day then you will be charged from the 101th sms. I know it is a bit strict rule but the trai has implemented it and hence the airtel people have to follow it. so I hope you have got the answer here. If you have any other doubts in mind then do let me know about it.

Seriously speaking it is a very bad step taken by the trai they must have think about the youths who communicate mostly by the sms and if they want to pass on any information about the change in the college timing or the examination details hence they do it by the bulk sms. If we send 5 sms to a group of 20 then its all over. Then what is the use of the unlimited sms plans? I think government must seriously have a think over this decision.

Let me tell you that the sms restriction rule has been implemented from the starting of this month and not as rumored as by the end of this month and the airtel was the first one to implement this rule I think. I had the 89rcv unlimited messaging plan on my mobile and I got charged for the 101th sms that I had sent to my friend on 27th of February. I think airtel was the only one who quickly implemented to the rule and I think that was the very harsh decision taken by them.

Ok, I did get all your opinions. so thanks a lot for cooperating and answering your views here. I think that the maximum of the youth will be affected by this because they are the one who subscribe to the unlimited messaging schemes and limiting to the 100 messages per day is just not done. I am hoping that trai people are listening to it and i am sure that they will definitely make some changes to the existing plans.