Thread: Sony ericsson xperia x10: Cannot read Contacts from SIM

Sony ericsson xperia x10: Cannot read Contacts from SIM

I just updated my Sony ericsson xperia x10 to 2.12. Everything is working fine, but the only problem I'm having with this is about contacts. I inserted the card properly in it, but I can not get contacts that are stored on it. I tried many times to remove and reinsert it, but every time I get the same result. This is happening since last one week and before that was working fine. Can you can guess why I'm going through and how can it be resolved? Thank you very much in advance for reading and responding to this post.

Re: Sony ericsson xperia x10: Cannot read Contacts from SIM

Did you select the memory in use for contacts? You can select the memory as the phone, SIM card or as long as the memory in use and this will show the contacts that are stored in memory. So go into the settings in your phone contacts and look for the memory in use. Enter into that and choose the SIM memory and put aside the changes. At the present again go to your contacts and see if the contacts are available or not. I wish this will help.

In this to fix this issue first you just try to insert the SIM card in another phone and see if you are able to view your contacts. If you can get your contacts, then fine and if it can not get your contacts then the problem is definitely with the SIM card. You are not able to solve this problem. Just let the SIM card provider's service center and ask the question. If that is with the phone, give you a new SIM card with the same number and this problem does not happen again with the phone. I'm not saying this is the only reason. There may be other possible reasons for this, but this is one of the possible reasons that can cause the problem like this.

Did you download new backup and restore before the update run? The program stores the numbers not and get synchronized therefore possibly include synchronized through Google does not have to know? I ask you to sign in with your Google Account Online noted that if the contacts are there? If that is the case, then simply choose the sync option to purchase later and again. Something similar happens with Sony Ericsson sync too. Unless the way of the numbers stored on the SIM card before the upgrade there is nothing in the procedure to keep them mechanically to the SIM card. It is added to set aside their numbers to the SD card in a place as this could be a way to get that investment back.

I do not think mobile update cause any effect on the SIM card contacts. If you go to any problem in the SIM memory then there is no possibility that the update was not correct in your phone. Some of the files that are not installed properly and are causing the problem. If this is the problem for you then the best and simplest way is to update it again. If that does not solve the problem for you then you can return to the previous version it was using previously.