Thread: Sony xperia x10 Update failed

Sony xperia x10 Update failed

Friends, I am taking the Sony Xperia X10 phone. This is very nice phone to use. On Monday, I received a message on my phone it says "There is an update to the phone." So I tried to update the phone but was not able to update completely. Just show me a message saying "Update failed." I tried to do that often, but every time it shows me the same thing over and over again. I have no idea why I'm going through and how this problem can be solved. I will appreciate every answer to this problem. Thanks

Re: Sony xperia x10 Update failed

Do not update the phone with the phone. To update you should use the Sony Ericsson update services that are made for computers. So the search and download to your computer. Install and use it to update your phone. That will be the best way to do that and do not think you get any problem in updating the phone. I always do the same and never got message like this. Hope this helps.

You must confirm that you have adequate Internet connection to your phone before starting the update. You must download the files back to the phone and if the connection is lost then you will get problems with that. So talk to customer support that you have the SIM card, if no Internet connection in the phone down. This is one of the possible reasons for these issues.

Check the software version you are using in your phone. If you are using the same software version you are trying to install then you will get these issues. So the search for the latest version of the update available on the internet and if it is already having then no need to update the phone as it is already running the latest version of the same. If you are using the previous version of this then you can update your phone to the new version and this will improve the performance of your phone.

The best way to know the reason for this problem is to contact the manufacturer and ask them for the problem that you are getting at the same time about the update. They give a clear idea of why it is happening and how you can solve this problem. If there is no need to update your phone then you also know from there. This should be the first step of their own in cases like this. If the case for me then I would have done the same with the reason for this.