Thread: MSI wind U100 netbook recovery manager is not working

MSI wind U100 netbook recovery manager is not working

I have got the MSI Wind U100 netbook from my friend. I have never used that netbook before. When I was working in it, something went terribly wrong. I started getting issues with it frequently. For that reason I went for the recovery manager which is included in the netbook for the purpose of recover my system. It is a utility from MSI. I hit the F3 key when the system is started booting. At that time the recovery manager start but it freeze at progress bar showing 100%. How can I fix that?

Re: MSI wind U100 netbook recovery manager is not working

It seems to me that you have modified your netbook and for that reason the MSI recovery manager is not working properly. You need to get back into the proper position in order to make it work. Otherwise just assume that the utility files might be corrupted or misplaced. If this case so then you need to upgrade the BIOS to a newer version so that you can get the new version of recovery manager along with it.

If you are not able to recover the system from the Recovery manager by the use of the F# key then you can go for any other method to recover the system. You can use the MSI recovery CD to get back the system to a stable position. This CD works in a same way as the Recovery manager functions. If this is not possible for you then use USB drive to recover the system.

Why do you really need to use the Recovery manager? You can make use of any third party recovery tool for that purpose. It might be possible that you have changed the previous version of OS which came along with the netbook when you first bought. Due to that reason the recovery manager has not been properly installed in the computer. So you either need to run the disk that came along with the netbook otherwise flash the BIOS.

MSI covers an integrated recovery feature that can transport the stuffing of the Wind's HDD back to its factory defaults within half hour. When the system boots, Hit the F3 key prompt before it goes into Windows. If you press F3 by the side of this moment, the Wind will get you to its recovery manager. There sometime the recovery manager might take some time to recover the HDD depending on the HDD damage. Just make sure that while this process is in progress, the netbook should not get any interruption whether it may be power or anything.

The recovery manager in the MSI netbook does not work sometime. This is because when the HDD is completely corrupted or the partition is completely damaged at that moment the Recovery manager does not able to launch its operation in any manner. It struggles to drive the HDD but freezes at some point. When freezes we cannot touch it any manner.