Thread: ASUS U3S-A1W or macbook

ASUS U3S-A1W or macbook

I wish for get myself a little light laptop, now I'm thinking for ASUS U3 Series U3S-A1W, at this moment is $ 1400 at Newegg. But I found an up to35% off sale on deal studio renovated macs. Just cannot decide what should be a better option. I do not much know about the ASUS series that’s why I am so confused to take decision about my laptop. If you know about the both so please provide me some better solution. Your suggestion really helps me to take decision.

Re: ASUS U3S-A1W or macbook

Personally I would prefer an ASUS over a mac, just because I do not like Apple, because of their software their software. Many of my friends uses mac but they won’t happy with this because as I said their software. And Asus also has been providing an excellent warranty. That’s a one of the majored reason why I like ASUS so my friend if you get some concession on mac then you can think about it bot you really want suggestion then I would suggest you to go with your ASUS series.

You get more for your money from a mac though. Version of the $ 1,300 MacBook features a 160 GB “hard drive” and 2GB of “RAM”, versus 1.5, 2.4 GHz (I am cute sure it is a T8300) Intel Core 2 Duo 0.2 Ghz versus ASUS '2 T7500. Running against an integrated 8400GS but I have a 8400GS on my desk at present, and no better than it is integrated. At rest cannot play game with it. I mean, you can buy a macbook and bootcamp, run Mac OS X and Vista (or XP) for the same price as the ASUS.

If you can give a little performance and do not mind the upgrade of the ram can go to the version of $ 1100, but 2 GB of RAM from Newegg for $ 50 (adopted mac, have a whole different section), or heck, even 4GB for not much more. Chip has a clock speed a little slower wise, but a new version of the chip. And get a few hundred dollars cheaper. You also get a front of 120 GB 160 GB hard drive, which is also easily replaceable.

Exactly, I knew you were looking for a lightweight, but when you said the money was going to happen and the fact that it was considering a used Mac just had to step in and give my 2 cents. I knew it would be able to give a good argument for Apple as you can always count on to. Someone has to say do not buy a used Apple. As you said you get 35% off on sell but renovate laptop shows problem just after some time. Now decision is yours.