Thread: Cool and Quiet not working in MSI 870A-G54

Cool and Quiet not working in MSI 870A-G54

I have a G54-870A and have an Athlon II x3 450 in there. I tried to get Cool'n quiet work, but it’s simply not the limit of the CPU. Both the AMD Overdrive and panel windows show the speed to 3.2 GHz in the three cores despite idling PC. The power management is set to a minimum. Cool'n Calm is "enabled" in the Bios - also tried to "auto" in vain. I installed the drivers from the website. Every time I try to reinstall I get a message saying they are "already installed". I cannot appear to find a way to uninstall them from the add/remove panel. I even uninstalled all my other AMD drivers / utilities (i.e., Overdrive), but / still / says I have the drivers installed. I'm using Windows XP Service Pack 3 of 32 bits. I do not, more clock speed, nor do I have intention to do so. How I can remove the driver and reinstall the software? Or, what else could be wrong?

Re: Cool and Quiet not working in MSI 870A-G54

Hi does your CPU_Z say 3.2 GHZ. When you specify drivers in device manager does it say you to manually install the driver? Basically CPU_Z helps you to gathers information for some of the important device of your system. You can find information about your CPU, motherboard, system, memory by using this CPU_Z. it helps you to find CPU number cache information etc for your CPU. Also it helps you to find information about BIOS model and date. I hope you will help this information try to use this CPU_Z so you can find out all this information about your system.

Hello thank you for your quick reply for my query. I installed that CPU-Z - who is also showing 3.2ghz.How can you manually install a driver for a processor? I can do for a discrete issue, but a processor? Not to mention that the installer is a single file .Exe and although I carried out a selection of processors to "update driver", there is no update file recognizes think you are looking for.Ini file or perhaps .Inf file. Is there any other suggestion on this problem? I am waiting for your reply. Thank you.

The BIOS 17.7 is come with the board and there seems to be a newer version. The Drivers on the AMD website does not have for windows XP. I have some old drivers CoolnQuiet I used this on in my last machine and its working well - that are installed here, but again, the CPU speed never changes. His name is CoolnQuiet-CPU_XP64_MCE_XP (1.3.2) .Exe Date mid-2007 at the latest. I hope this information will help you. Try to find this driver on internet and use this in your system I hope it will work.

Hi I am facing same problem. I made new installation of XP SP3 on a separate partition. Absolutely nothing has changed but when I tried to install Cooln'Quiet from MSI website, it gives an error saying:
    "The machine does not support AMD Athlon 64 processor."
    This happened with the XP partition, but I could not reply so I thought maybe it was my memory problem. CPU is still reporting 3.2Ghz.The states the download page: "• AMD Athlon ™ ™ 64/Sempron / Turion ™ 64/Opteron ™ systems." My processor is an "Athlon II." As for the date and version number, drivers are very outdated. The other version I bought from who knows where XP 1.3.2 for Windows XP and later almost a year. MSI page 1.2.2.0. Where I can get current drivers Cooln'Quiet?

Hello even I am facing this same problem. It would be like with other drivers who apparently have not been properly uninstalled. But actually fix it. Now I have a CPU of 800 MHz! Random name worships at the altar of Bas. The existence of these forums and active modes was one of the reasons that went with this forum - keep up the good work. Oh, and I suggest you get updated drivers from AMD driver MSI website. I hope this information will help you to solve your problem.