Thread: Many problems is occurring with my MSI MS-9149 Ver1 main board

Many problems is occurring with my MSI MS-9149 Ver1 main board

Hello there, there are many problem that are been occurring in the main board of the MSI version 1. In the main system I have two SATA hard drive which is connected to the 160 Gb hard disk each in the form of Raid level one fashion, my query is I tried to install the windows xp professional on the hard disk that are present in the system, with the help of service pack 3 integrated in it, but I do not have the driver cd for the Raid level that is been currently present in it. I tried to download it from various sites which are well known for their genuinity and virus free software but I was unable to find it any of that places. So are there any of the way to overcome the problem that I am being facing here.

Re: Many problems is occurring with my MSI MS-9149 Ver1 main board

See whenever you are going for any of the driver updation or finding of the driver it is always recommended that you see the details that are provided to you in the manual or on the board, in our case check that the kind of controller chipset that are been used in the board, once you had got a specific idea then you can go for the downloading or updation of the driver from the higher level. According to me the chipset controller that are been used in the Promise 20378 Chipset, if that is the case then you can download it from any of the source of your choice, but it will take a lot of time in searching as you are searching for the specific driver.

Many people uses different method to configure the onboard raid, the best way that I feel is to do it in below manner, format the drive with the help of drive manufacturer utility that are been present in it, then after this check the controller channels that are present in the bios and do enable it so that it can come in use in the future. After you doing this press F10 after the main BIOS finish loading and configuring the Raid array that is present in it. Always put the RAID driver in the floppy and not in the folder, this will help you in getting the required information when you needed by just pressing the F6 at the requested time. If your hardware is being working properly and it is not providing any of the problem then it should be working fine.

Till now I have not able to get rid of the problem that I am facing I tried all the information and the method that you people had been giving me but still no perfect solution, I know that it is somehow possible to show all the minute detail that help you in getting all the solution in the problem, but it sometime shows that the information that Is been providing is been working but at one time it conclude that it is not working. I even tried reinstalling the driver cd for the mother board and also downloaded the updated version of the driver but it is ot helping in any of the cases, check connecting the SATA cable to the different cable slot that is been provided but it is still the same.

Hey you can try this thing, since I had a certain issue with it so because of that it was very difficult to find the proper solution when I had tried to work that thing in the system, the driver which were required for the system was successfully found and it was installed in the system, but it was not to be compatible with the windows Xp as it was showing many errors, also I didn’t had the floppy disk connected to the netbook due to which it was a big problem In solving the issue of the connectivity of the driver to the system, I also updated the version of the bios in such a way that the updated version had a new features and the solution that would help me in getting the help in solving the problem that I was facing.