Thread: iOS 4.3 on iPhone 4 vs. Android phones

iOS 4.3 on iPhone 4 vs. Android phones

since the iOS 4.3 has been already released in the market. I wanted to know whether it will give some tough competition to the android phones. So for a change I wanted to ask if the iOS 4.3 when used in the iPhone 4 and take any good android phone like the Samsung galaxy s. I wanted to know which one would prove to be better. I am very excited to know about the results of this test. Since both are the market leaders and it’s obvious that the competition would be very fierce one. so anyone who have come across this competition and have some apt knowledge about the iOS as well as the android then do let me know about it.

Re: iOS 4.3 on iPhone 4 vs. Android phones

Well it depends upon the phone that you are using. I mean in the android. If you are talking about a good phone named Samsung galaxy then it will definitely outperform the iPhone 4. In a test results which I came across in a particular website there various factors like the boot time and the page loading time was tested. In that Samsung nexus s and the iPhone 4 having iOS 4.3 was taken for the tests and in all the tests Samsung nexus s emerged as winner. Though the difference was in seconds. Still in the good phones the difference in the seconds also counts. So that is what I would like to say here.

Yes, I agree with the above user. It all depends on which android phone we are using. If we are taking normal android phone like Motorola 4G or htc MyTouch then it will definitely be much slower than the iPhone. According to me the factors for the performance also depends on the firmware of the phone. one plus point of the iPhone’s are the video battery life. The video battery life of the iPhones are much better than the android phones. What difference the iOS brings is the browsing speed of the phone. the iOS 4.3 definitely adds some punch to the browsing speed of the iPhone.

According to me if you compare any good android phone like the Samsung galaxy s, Samsung nexus s then the iPhone 4 will definitely be losing in terms of the browsing speed and also the performance of the phone. I must agree that the introduction of the iOS 4.3 did add some good performance for the iPhone but still it lacks a bit against the good android phones. I have checked various test results performed in the various websites and from there I have found this information for you. Also one more thing that would be very interesting to know is that what improvement does the safari browser will bring in its next updated version.

Ok, I got the point that you were trying to make here and I think that information would be very beneficial for all of us present here. Since the iOS 4.3 is newly released and many of them do not know much about it. I think the information provided here is quite appropriate, so basically it all depends upon the android phone that we are using. So thanks for the appropriate results that you have given on this topic.