Thread: Know more about ViewSonic ViewPad 10

Know more about ViewSonic ViewPad 10

I am about to buy a new tablet pc and I have seen the ViewSonic ViewPads which seems to be best in these days. I have heard about the new 10" ViewSonic ViewPad 10 but I don't have much information about the same. I have created this thread to get the as much as possible information about this new tablet pc. I hope that there is nor only difference of screen size as there must be many more things new in this tablet.

Re: Know more about ViewSonic ViewPad 10

After the 7-inch ViewPad Android, tackles ViewSonic 10.1-inch Tablet with Windows Seven ViewPad 10. More exactly, the ViewPad 10 allows a dual boot Android 1.6 (embedded) and Windows Seven. One could imagine booting the operating system that best suits the right time, but the principle of a touch pad, unlike a netbook is to be constantly on standby for rapid use. The establishment of a dual boot is still a good idea to reach a wider range of users.

Regarding the tablet itself, it remains fairly traditional. It is equipped with an LED screen capacitance of 10.1 inches with a resolution of 1024 * 600. It uses an Atom processor clocked at 1.GHz and 1Gb RAM. Side storage ViewSonic has chosen the 16gb SSD, but I suppose that other models in 32 and 64GB make their appearances soon. It is also equipped with WiFi b / g / n, two USB ports, a mini-VGA, a 1.3 megapixel camera on the front and a micro SD reader No 3G for the moment.

As its name implies, it offers a screen of 10.1 "multi-touch capacitive. It has a definition of 1024x600 and backlight LED. The manufacturer also announced a contrast ratio of 700:1 a brightness max 220 cd / m². At the heart of the machine, we find an Atom N455, 1GB DDR3, and a storage of 16 or 32 GB that can be supplemented by card reader micro SD format. In terms of connectivity, we have two USB 2.0 ports, VGA output and a single mini headphone jack. Finally, a 1.3 megapixel webcam is located above the screen. Connectivity includes Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR and an optional 3G modem will be offered. It also includes sensors: gyroscope, compass and ambient light.

Its dimensions are 275 x 170 x 16.5 mm and weighs 875 grams. Autonomy announced is about four hours using a battery of 3200 mAh. Finally, with regard to the software part, the 16GB version will ship Windows 7 in its Home Premium edition, while the 32GB model will be under the Professional edition. They also have a version of Android 1.6 in dual boot, just as we find on Acer netbooks. The goal here is to have a browser that launches quickly, rather than a real operating system on its own. They are sold overseas at $ 599.

Viewsonic monitor manufacturer has been developing for several months with his arm mobility Viewpad shelves like 7 or 10 Viewpad unveiled at IFA in September 2010, even smartphones. Continuing on this path, it recently announced a tablet last generation, Viewpad 10S, which will be available in two versions: Wi-Fi and 3G/Wi-Fi. Displaying as its name indicates a diagonal of 10.1 inches (25.65 centimeters), this tablet has to compete with competition, a dual processor Nvidia Tegra heart 2-1 GHz, the ability to play videos HD 1080p, and with this particular model, in formats such as DivX and Xvid. It is also equipped with HDMI.

With 512MB of RAM but 512 MB of flash memory, it will complete the purchase of a memory card for storing media (thanks to a reader that accepts microSD cards up to 32GB) , based on the 10S Viewpad Froyo 2.2. When marketed in France, which is expected soon, she will receive an upgrade to 3.0 Honeycomb Android, the Google OS for Tablet? As for Dell and its Streak 7 , this migration, which would allow these shelves to compete with products like the Motorola Xoom has not yet been confirmed. The price of Viewpad 10S has not been communicated, but its predecessor, the Viewpad 10 (only Wi-Fi), is currently priced at a relatively high of 550 euros.