Thread: Facing problem with 64 bit MSI Afterburner 2.1.

Facing problem with 64 bit MSI Afterburner 2.1.

Hello everyone. I recently bought the MSI OC 580, functioning well and all games require fine. The only problem I have is when I run any benchmark of the program, heaven or 3dmark11 crashes to the desktop. Apparently, prolonged hassle on this card is causing this. The only thing I am worried to update the BIOS on it. I flashed my motherboard bios before it cannot be that hard. I down my clocked to 800 and 1600 and ran 3dmark11. And it works fine without any problem. Can someone send me the bios with a step by step on how the interaction of upgrade? I have MSI burner but does not show voltages despite marked to do so in the configuration. I'm running my system in Windows 7 64 bit. Just reset the clock to 822 and 1645 and failed again and crashed to the desktop. All helps are appreciated. Thank you. Please help.

Re: Facing problem with 64 bit MSI Afterburner 2.1.

Hi I think you are facing problem with your MSI burner try this new version of Afterburner 2.1.0 beta 7.it provides you some interesting features. but it provide most interesting features with unofficial overclocking it helps you to Reshaping official unlock overclocking on AMD graphics card over clocking. Before you enable this functionality in the dark and come to support the forums with false error reports. Help overclocking High unofficial alternative way that keeps active Power Play some modern families ASIC during over clocking. Fan settings control are being re-apply by force after the clocks change through official record more on the way to avoid failure in the AMD driver causing the fan control settings are reset to default after power scheduling table Play

Hi thank you for your quick reply with this nice information about afterburner. I tried to download this version from the internet but it’s not supporting to my system. I don’t know why but I tried this many time but still it won’t work. But when I tried this on my friend’s computer then it’s working on his system. According to me it’s not compatible with windows 7 64 bit. But I want to know some more information about this afterburner how can you enable overclocking with this version? If possible then please can you tell me more about this? Thank you.

Hi, to enable overclocking in afterburner you have to change the text of UnofficialOverclockingEULA field to following text, I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it. And after that set unofficialoverclocking to1 to on power play (I think it’s not work on old ASICs), and you can use 2 to disable the power play, or you can set it on 0 to temporary disable unofficial overclocking path. I hope now you are clear with this topic.

Hi I am facing this same problem, Is this version support windows 7. I try to downloaded the new version of this afterburner, but I am not able to install because of my Windows 64 bits. Please help I need to stress the weakness of my MSI OC, when I am trying to run benchmarks it is not constant. Whenever I am trying to install the new version of Afterburner, I am not able to install it. Because I think I am using correct one. Please help me out to solve this problem I am out of ideas now. Thank you.

Hi, I was facing this similar issue but I sort out this, even I thought it’s not compatible with windows 7 64 bit. It’s much wired. First I used Firefox to download this application but it will not open with the message. Then I move on to internet explorer 8 to download this application and it works with this browser. It put this application into a winrar file and then it installed in my system. I am not able to find what exactly this process but it works. Thank you.