Thread: How to reopen the lock sim on ipad 2

How to reopen the lock sim on ipad 2

I purchased the ipad wifi and with 3g service from usa. And still I am making use of the same in to the India with the Vodafone which is an indian carrier. But currently I want to purchase an iPad 2 Wifi + 3g from England. And yeah one more thing which is important on the same is The online store states that iPad 2 will work with either at n t or verizon. Is it probable for me to purchase the iPad either online or through a retail store in the uk and make use of it with an Indian carrier?

Re: How to reopen the lock sim on ipad 2

Yeah I agree with that and as much I know about it so they not carrier locked but the GSM and the CDMA those are different models. And also you are looking for the locked into either GSM or CDMA by the model you bought. If you desire to alter you have to buy a new iPad2. Yes you are able to purchased a UK iPad2 in a USA retail store but you are not able to buy it online from the UK and have it shipped outside the SA.

Actually once I was visiting Canadian website and I have seen that it has the Canadian mobile provider Rogers Wireless that the iPad 2 will not be locked in Canada. And while doing this they the same site confirmed for the AT&T iPad 2 will not be able to get carrier-locked to AT&T,and I have also did the numerous requests for info from Apple Experts but nothing helps me. So regarding the same if you guys have any suggestion so please help us.

So as much I now about the same I am just going to share here and I hope that it will help you. Japanese mobile carrier Softbank Mobile announced this week that the 3G version of Apple iPads sold in Japan only be used in its mobile network created a sort of fuss. That's for the reason that Apple CEO Steve Jobs said in April that the devices are opened outside the in the world and they can be used in any company willing to offer a micro-SIM card for it. So this is what I know about the release of the ipad2. I hope that this will help you.