Thread: Does iPad 2 supports GSM and CDMA

Does iPad 2 supports GSM and CDMA

I am having one question which is related to the iPad 2. I need to know which SIM does it supports. Whether it supports GSM or CDMA. I have heard from one of my colleague that it supports both the CDMA as well as GSM. Is it true? If you are having any detail for same then do let me know about the same. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Does iPad 2 supports GSM and CDMA

No its not true about the iPad 2. Apple iPad 2 supports the GSM and CDMA but with two version of iPad. There are two model available, one supports GSM and another supports CDMA. If you wanted to get it working with the issue then you can go with the same. Apple iPad 2 WIFI+ 3G model supports both GSM and CDMA but separately not together. If you wanted to get more detail you can visit official site for same.

There are two versions of iPad 2 is releasing i.e. Wifi and Wifi + 3G. Obviously in Wifi version there is no support for the GSM or CDMA. But in WiFi+3G version there is support for both the version. So if you can then go through the one which you are looking for and find it useful. This is really nice device and one should have this latest technology.

First of all thanks for giving me suggestion regarding the question that i have asked for and your help is appreciated. Now i am clear about the GSM and CDMA. But having one more question which i need to clear with your help. I need to know what are the difference between the iPad and iPad 2. So if you are having any detail for same then do let me know about the same.