Thread: Is iChat available for iPad2

Is iChat available for iPad2

I know that the ichat is working well on Mac and I have been using it a while. However my question is, is the ichat is now available for new ipad? I didn’t see it in ipad original. I really likes the screen sharing function in ichat. Is there any way to do like this other than using the ichat? Is there any easy way to do like that? I really like the ipad features as well as the new version of ios feature. If it has the ichat then It would very helpful for me.

Re: Is iChat available for iPad2

The ichat is still not available for ios platform not even iphone or itouch. That application is currently only available for Mac OS X. Other than ichat you can use the facetime in ipad. It works well on ipad 2. It provides an easy way to video chat with your loved ones without the use of any external application or any other devices. If you cannot able to find it in your version of ios then upgrade it to the newer version otherwise search as an external app in the Apple Appstore.

The ichat is not available for ichat because there is a reason. First, not everyone who has an iPad2 will have a Mac with iChat, and that greatly limits the target consumer could appreciate this feature. You need an important time of development and testing, not only in developing the iChat application for iPad2, but also rebuilding the Mac OS X, and adding support for the new protocol (and keeping with the old). However, I think we all agree in thinking that the future lies in the junction.

Apple devices with iPhone OS, so iPhone, iPad and iPod touch could, in the near future with a video chat feature using ichat to be equipped. In the current iPhone SDK 3.2, which was specially developed for the iPad, corresponding icons have been discovered in the framework. However for now the apple has introduced the Facetime instead of ichat. By seeing this I can hope that in the near future we can get the ichat for ipad or iphone either in the form of external application or built-in application with ios.

Well I don’t know any new about the ipad and ichat. But luckily I got some news regarding the ichat in iphone. Now it is the first real evidence for the integration of a video chat in the new iPhone. Thus, in the recently released iPhone SDK new icon called "AcceptVideo. png" and "DeclineOrEndeVideo. png" has been appeared. The source code can be found as the words "video chat" and "iChat". Though one might assume that this code snippet may have reached only by chance in the iPhone SDK as you have a specific source of Mac OS X was ported to the iPhone.

I think that due to some limitations of the ios the apple didn’t released or may be not developed the ichat for its ios devices such as iphone, ipad and I touch. AS an alternative of this the apple developed the facetime which offers you the similar functionality of the ichat in mac. Furthermore I am also hearing some rumors about new SDK and ichat included in it. I don’t whether the apple will going to keep those thing at the end or not. Whatever the thing may be, the apple will not cheat its customers as I think.