Thread: Is it possible to remove magnets in iPad2 smart cover

Is it possible to remove magnets in iPad2 smart cover

As you all might know that the ipad 2 has cover with some kind of magnet or may be a real magnet. I really don’t what this thing in my piece. I want to remove it. Is it possible in ipad 2? If this possible then how can I remove it? I heard that we cannot take any kind of magnetic things in airplanes. So it is extremely disturbing. I travel a lot and I want to carry my ipad with me all the time for my work purpose. This new ipad 2 model’s magnet is really annoying me. I know that this magnetic cover protects the ipad 2 very well but it affects other things.

Re: Is it possible to remove magnets in iPad2 smart cover

I don’t think that I can answer this question because the ipad 2 has just released. I know that it has magnetic protector cover but I don’t think that it is too powerful to affect the compass in the cockpit. I didn’t get this device yet and I don’t know that whether the cover is actually a magnetic thing or something else. So wait for several days and you will get to know about it as soon as possible.

The apple’s magnetic protector is a well built and innovative technology for apple ipad or may be for a tablet device. It has a 3 folding system which can be folded in any manner. The whole cover is not magnetic. If it has made by magnet then it could have affect the inner device or components of the ipad 2. It just seems to me a like aluminum with some magnetic powered things to attach to the device and it won’t affect the other thing like one you said.

The apple official site tells that it has a magnetic protector case in front of it. So it seems to me like it is a mixture of magnet and other things. The magnet might affect other thing but not far like it can change the direction of airplane compass. You don’t need to worry about it much. If you really want to avoid the magnet power just buy a cover which acts as a magnetic reflector or acts a opposite power of magnet. It might help you out.

I didn’t know anything about ipad 2 yet because I just seen it in apple website other than this I haven’t touched it or experienced it. The cover can be removable I think. I don’t think that it is a fixed thing in ipad2. With a smart cover protects the screen without covering or side or rear aluminum, which are strong enough alone themselves. It is determined by a series of magnets in the hinge that attaches to the side of the housing and cover. It won’t affect any other thing as my opinion.

Hobble announced the launch of a new roof for iPad 2, Miniot Cover. This case uses magnets to secure the position iPad inside the case and provide better protection. The Miniot Cover has a feature automatic lock / unlocks automatically, an inner lining with microfiber suede texture that prevents scratches and can be folded for use as a stand. Furthermore, this case is made from a single piece of walnut, cherry, oak or mahogany. There is no magnet thing in it.