Thread: Apple ipad2 as a server to handle a website

Apple ipad2 as a server to handle a website

I have been using the ipad from the past 3 months. Recently I heard that the apple is going to release the ipad 2 which is far more better and faster than its preceding version. It is also very light and thin. The apple has added several addition features in it. Now my question is, can I use the ipad 2 as a server to run my website. My website does not contain much information. It is a light weight website. If it can be handled by the ipad 2, then I think that it will be much useful for me.

Re: Apple ipad2 as a server to handle a website

I don’t think that the ipad 2 can be used a server. I know that it is powerful and has lots of feature which is comparable to a normal or midrange server. Server usually needs more memory to handle random task. The ipad 2 is not capable to this. However with only 64GB, I don’t think that it can be achieved. Furthermore for handling a website is not a possible task in it. You can design any website using the ipad 2 but you cannot handle through it anyhow.

I haven’t seen any of the web servers which rely in the platform of apple or mac. I know that the apple has developed a good server operating system only for its Mac variants and that server OS cannot be used in other platform. Making an ipad 2 as a server is not the easiest task. For this you will need a good server compatible OS and several other application to protect your website. There are chances or DDOS attack to any website. The ipad 2 might not be capable to handle any small attack.

As far as I know that for a website the ipad 2 is not the best thing because I haven’t seen any of the applications or programs for ios which is used for either developing the website or for handling the website. The ipad 2 may capable to open and browse or surf any high end webpage but it does not mean that you can put the whole website in such a portable device.

The ipad 2 cannot be used as server but I think that you can do another thing from that. Just configure a good apple server. I assume that you know about the mac server OS. Just install this in your server. Then put your website in it. After that you can access that server or its whole operating using your ipad 2 if your ipad 2 has a wifi in it. For this you will need a good remote login app or remote connect app so that you can take control of the server OS. After that you can do anything you want to your website. I hope that you got my point.

The “ipad 2 as server”, I didn’t hear this word anywhere yet. I think that you don’t have much information about it yet. The ipad 2 is a portable device for regular usage not for power usage. The ipad 2 is mainly developed for browsing webpages not for handling a website. You will have all kinds of facility in it for browsing a webpage either by the 3G or wifi. But as a server the ios is far more behind to do this.