Thread: Lost Menu on Nokia 6210

Lost Menu on Nokia 6210

I just activated the active standby on my phone and since then the left soft key doesn't open menu. Which means you can not access the menu function and every fuction inside the menu. Only the options in active standby can be accessed. The setting feature is that I can use the active standby mode icons on the home screen. And now active standby is enabled I can access contacts and messages which exists on the active standby option. But there is no way to access settings. Pressing the menu button opens the option which is highlighted on the active standby. Additional Menu is lost. How I can get out of active standby? Can i return to its old menu?

Re: Lost Menu on Nokia 6210

Press the left soft key which is the default menu key and you will be open to access menu. See if this is useful. If you have changed the function of this key or active standby has changed this fiction, you can press it and keep it pressing for about two seconds and you will see a list of running applications. Have you used any home screen replacement software? even that might cause some problems. Generally this is not the problem cause by any softwares but unlike any other OS symbian is an OS too, likely prone to problems. See if the running applications list is displayed by the left soft key, that is still the menu key.

What do you mean by lost the menu? You mean the left soft key which is normally the menu key? It is the default menu key. Symbian phones have a dedicated menu key which has two curves and two box as symbol. See if you can find this key. This is the dedicated menu key and you cannot change the function of this key. You can access the menu by pressing this key. Hope this is useful.

Every symbian 60 series phone has a dedicated menu key. You can find it. If you feel the key is not working on your phone then you can try to open "go to" menu and see if there is any option to go into settings. Also there are shortcuts on each of the D-pad keys. Try each of them what it does. But in your case d-pad keys wont work as you have enabled active standby. On your phone see on the extreme right side, you will see a key with "c" on it. At this position on the opposite side there will be a symbol. This is the menu key. Hope this is useful.

The exact same problem is now faced by me too. This is my first nokia phone and I accidentally turned on this function of the active standby on my phone and i cannot find menu again! My menu button is lost too. I just get a drop down menu list and only Contacts, Gallery, Calandar, Bluetooth, Messages and Radio can be accessed. There is no option to get into the menu which will let me access settings from which i can turn this active standby off. Please help, Did anyone solve this problem?

Well i dont think there is any need to take your phone to the nokia care. The problem you guys are facing has already been solved. Just read the 2nd, 3rd and 4th post. It infact explains what you are experiencing. There will be a dedicated menu key on your phone. This menu key looks like an eclipse. or an oval circle on the left side. The biggest button that you see on the left side below the button which was previously your menu key is the dedicated menu button. See that symbol? The symbol look somthing like this : ยง

Can't you people read? The problem is that the dedicated Menu button does not work anymore. I have the same problem, but so far have found no answer to this. This is really irritating. I hate this bloody phone.

If anyone has found a solution to this problem please enlighten me?

I finally found a way to solve this.

You need to do a hardware reset. First use Nokia PC Suite to do a full backup. Then do the following:

* Enter the code: *#7370# and press Yes to confirm initialization.
    o Important Notice: It is recommended that you save all important information on your phone (e.g: memo, contacts etc)

When phone asks you for a security code, enter 12345

(The security code can be used to avoid unauthorised use of your phone. The security code 12345 is supplied with your phone. If you changed this code you need to use whatever your new code is)

Unfortunately you will have to re-enter the date, time, and country when the phone starts up gain.

Now go back to PC Suite and restore the backup files to your phone.

Problem solved.

thank's for information....