Thread: Error:” Webcam Driver Open Fail. Please Restart Camera or Computer." In windows 7

Error:” Webcam Driver Open Fail. Please Restart Camera or Computer." In windows 7

After installing Windows 7 on my system I am unable to use the webcam. I am using youcam. When I launch the app I am getting a message on the screen that webcam is not working. The complete error code is "Webcam driver open fail. Please restart camera or computer". I am constantly getting this error whenever I am trying to access the camera. What should I do to fix this thing.

After installation it looks that you had not added the webcam driver. Due to which you are getting the problem. Just go in Device Manager. In that look for the webcam. You will see a yellow exclamation mark on that. Right click on it and choose update drivers. That's it. Follow the screen instructions and done. The camera will start working. You can also find the driver on the basis of camera model through Google.

Re: Error:” Webcam Driver Open Fail. Please Restart Camera or Computer." In windows 7

What type of webcam you are using. If it is a usb then you have to find the drivers for that. What is the model of that camera. If you can provide the model then I can help you to find the drivers. Or else even if you search for the driver on google you will get it easily. Most of the time this kind of usb camera's are installed on their own.