Thread: MSI: Your AMD64 computer probably uses LESS THAN 250W

MSI: Your AMD64 computer probably uses LESS THAN 250W

So most PSU should be overvalued or defined in a certain temperature (low) setting, as this little 300W power supply can power my system without any problems which obviously uses no more than 0.73 A @ 230VAC during charging. (The machine without power supply is equal to only 65% of that!) Boot problems can be caused by transient voltage (resulting in a logic of protection that turns off the computer), but this is just speculation on my part. These things appear / disappear so quickly that cannot be measured with a voltmeter. It is unlikely that a lot of fans and spinning hard drives can cause transient. After watching my team 116W (179W power supply (AC-DC loss>)) during startup, just over a 300W power supply seems just silly, unless PSU manufacturers claim more units can handle. I think we have to look deeper into the power supply: maximum amps s only in the different lanes.

Re: MSI: Your AMD64 computer probably uses LESS THAN 250W

This is awesome! Now all of us with power supply classified more than 300 watts can be sold to some fool watts eBay hunger and help everyone save the planet by buying 300 watt ps. Stability? Been in need? Peace of mind? Phooey! We have lost our money on overrated. Power supply expensive. Forget about what 90% of people on this forum say. Where I can get an adapter AT-ATX? I have a lot of older AT power supplies I'm sure it would be a great job! Thanks for the info. Now the dream is over. I NO NOTHING MORE THAN 300 WATTS NEET. Nice research man. Now all we need is to convince AMD, Intel and produces a table of a few. Well, all these guys here preaching the good quality power supply, what do they know? It's not like they heard nothing of this from firsthand experience or anything. In fact, all we need is a guy with 1 300 watt power supply to change everyone's mind.

I'm just saying that the team needs that kind of power to operate. Go measure it and see for yourself. Feel free to prove me wrong, it just makes things better for us all. Oh by the way, these "PSU" preachers seem to think that a CPU / GFX card uses 18 amps at 12V or less. A quality 300W is probably better than a cheap 480W. I think that way. There is something strange in the power supply is nominally.

Iron byte honestly; appreciate your efforts in seeking to unlock the puzzle that has become, in relation to power, voltage irregularities (spikes) and associated faults. It took a long time on your part. A client, whom I had built a team for (Athlon XP 2200 +), I look at some errant bugs I was experiencing. I made a visit Power 350W power supply and found it was getting to 11.45 volts on the +12 V rail (18 amps). I replaced the power supply with an Enermax W/400 W + and 22amps on the +12 V rail that was six months ago, and I was told that the system is working very well again. A degrading power with a voltage drop of 0.55 had a major impact on the performance of this team now I'm an electrical engineer, but I did learn something very quickly. There's nothing like raw power, and today I just ordered an Enermax 550W, so I do not have to worry about destroying my system with low power supply. I think the "reserve power" - voltage and amperage, has much to do with how effortless the Athlon64 operates. Anyway; I read your article - and find it very interesting and useful.

I’ll be honest. I'm just lazy to start researching my power supply with a stroke of luck to see things. In fact, I prefer a slap in watter 1000 and check that out as I have one less thing to worry about. I know this. My true antec 550 made my computer shuts down, because the 12 volt rail was low. However, if a 550 can be a source of problems, but few chances of this happening can be. I can only assume that given a choice of several 300 Watters, the chances of success of such an event all you can multiply 10 times. Now, let's go back to about 2 years ago when he bought the ps. Why spend $ 139 when they could have gotten something for $ 20 Stability. I have found through trial and error that is not a cheap power supply does provides the same level of stability as a good idea. Sure you can work fine and dandy, but not over clock it, run it. Another thing, the security and upgrades. This power supply upgrade will my third and probably good for a couple more. The three-year warranty mean I'm getting my bad power supply replaced free.

So overall I think good power supply is a good investment. Tranquility, security and good for future upgrades. A cheapo could burn, or if you do not have to buy a new one every time you upgrade to meet higher power needs. Worst case scenario could fry your new motherboard or hard drive. If spending 200 on your vid card, 100 on your mb, 100 on your hardrive, etc, etc, why skimp on the only Wanto that feeds power to all devices. Do you want clean energy or simply care? I tell them their own decision based on his own experience. There are some here who Wanto save some people some problems and headaches, without having bad experiences.

I understand that, but "quality control", a further examination and testing of high-end power is a distinct possibility. You are quite certain that more money does not guarantee more ratings amplifier, but buying a power supply high-end hopefully quality guarantees "(exact) ratings amplifier. Believe me, I spent $ 59.00 on the Aspire 500W I'm running, and that is very cheap, even compared with 300 Watters. But I'm looking to add a sound card, powerful, and perhaps an extra hard drive, so that worries me a lot of power - both watts and amps.