Thread: iPAD2 maximum operating altitude of 10,000ft?

iPAD2 maximum operating altitude of 10,000ft?

I have searched all kind of forum sites, the old ones the new ones also and could not find anything on Maximum Operating Altitude on iPad 2 so I thought to ask about it. The spectacles say that the highest height above sea level is 3000m that is approximately 10,000 feet. The mountain where snowboarding (Mammoth) is 11,053 less the summit. I have not traveled with my iPad, but in hypothesis it could happen to iPad 2 at that point? Too much pressure for their operation? I like to be the guinea pig in this regard.

Re: iPAD2 maximum operating altitude of 10,000ft?

This is an out of the ordinary question! Someone here might be able to help, but another good place would be the forum conversation on Apple's support pages where "helpers" can access more technical qualifications that can give a good answer. My first thought is that it is more a guideline than anything else. How much time actually passes in the top of the iPod playback? You will not be there long before they start rolling. I refer to climb the mountain, right?

The pressure is the pressure, period. The fact that some pressure is created by blowing air through a tube, which is what, happens in the cabin of the aircraft, no matter the least. His IPAD does not care if some people call it natural pressure or not. Chances are the OP cares about is this: The IPAD has been certified by the FAA for use by the pilots? Accepted as a flight crew "electronic, which means they can be used for navigation instead of using actual paper charts. To be approved by the FAA, the iPad has been shown to act in a pressure altitude 51,000 feet (in the case of rapid decompression).
    So, you will be fine, regardless of what Apple says on its site.

You seem to be mainly arguing for argument's sake. Nobody is saying that because the environment is artificially created that is not equal to the sufficiency of the natural environment. The OP response is yes, IPAD function well in a pressurized airplane, despite the fact that it is an artificially produced environment. IPad AFA is concerned, is a sufficient environment. Please stop behaving like a troll.

Every time I read someone mentioning the 10,000 feet maximum altitude of operation, and the effects of pressurization, I have to laugh. Obviously, most of you are too young to realize that without substantially changing an Apple Powerbook was used in Skylab. This production of product used electro-mechanical method to throw out the floppy and at the end of the video, a disc is ejected directly into the camera and an astronaut took the disc into the air and put it in his pocket.

Definitely not, as you can read above. However, never have any risk of collapse of climbing at altitude. As altitude rises, reduces the relative air pressure. If the pressure inside the IPAD 2 is not equal to outside pressure, it would fly instead of collapsing. You would have to increase the external pressure due to a collapse. The only way would be to use the IPAD deep underwater. In addition to collapse, it would fry the iPad2 and void the warranty.