Thread: webcam not detected by LifeCam 3.0 on win7 build 7100

webcam not detected by LifeCam 3.0 on win7 build 7100

I just got a Microsoft LifeCam cinema, which was advertised as being Windows 7 compatible. I loaded the software before plugging in the instructions. But while this works on my Windows Vista laptop, and my home desktop Win_XP not work with my Win-7 64-bit desktop, which I bought the camera. When you run Microsoft LifeCam 3.0, which says there is no camera connected to this computer. Just after turning off the camera and plug it back, even after restarting the computer, even after uninstalling and reinstalling win_7 downloaded LifeCam 3.0 32 and 64-bit, Microsoft's Web site.

Re: webcam not detected by LifeCam 3.0 on win7 build 7100

You can try the steps below and see if the problem is fixed. We're going to uninstall the drivers for the device in Device Manager and reinstall the drivers. You must be logged on as administrator to perform these steps.

1. Open the Device Manager and then click on the Start button and double click on the Control Panel. Here you have to open the System and Maintenance, and switch to the Device Manager. If you are asked for an administrator password or confirmation then provide password.

2. On the Device Manager, choose the device and double-click the device name.

3. Switch to the Driver tab and Uninstall it and follow the instructions.

I bought this camera last week and attempted to install on two computers. Works well on a laptop with Vista. I cannot install the last connection to a USB port on a desktop with Windows 7. Have you had any luck with your problems? I struggled all this and yet cannot dig up the software to load further than the point where the camera is connected to a USB port. I checked the device manager and no problems, which says the device is working. I'm trying to install on a desktop with Windows 7. I installed on a laptop with Vista, and works very well.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers many times but I can not get a picture with the LifeCam Micosroft 3.0. The funny thing is that it works well with Windows XP und Vista, Windows 7 but not both. And the strangest thing is, in my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 edition, the webcam only works with Skype, which is fine with me, but I like to try 720p om my desktop PC and my two other laptops are not as powerful.

If you are having a TV tuner card (internal or USB) connected, and if the LifeCam is not getting detected. Disconnect the USB cable or turn off the TV tuner TV tuner in the device manager. I had a friend who had the same problem and solved the problem this way. Once the LifeCam is detected and can work to reconnect the USB TV tuner or re-activate the TV tuner in the device manager.

I have recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my machine and then installed LifeCam 3.22 till then all was working OK! Since I have installed my Pinnacle PCTV 330E lifecam.exe, Software is not able to recognize my LifeCam VX-3000! I just disconnected (or disable) the PCTV 330E tuner lifecam.exe and then it recognize my webcam without any problem. Please note that the Skype can utilize the webcam without any problems but when it comes to lifecam.exe by Microsoft then it stops working. Webcam itelf can not see your own webcam. Incredible but true. Microsoft please fix this!