Thread: Can I use iPad 2 wifi with iphone 4 hotspot

Can I use iPad 2 wifi with iphone 4 hotspot

I am having an iPhone and I have got an updates for this phone recently. Since I my phone have got this updates, It has became a personal hotspot which makes me thinking that it is possible to use the iPad 2's wifi network for the iPhone 4's hotspots. I am not so sure about the same but still feels like it would be possible. Can you guys provide some information about the same?

Re: Can I use iPad 2 wifi with iphone 4 hotspot

The idea is good, but one should note that this also has limitations. If one with an iPhone with the iPad surfs on Personal Hotspot. How to make the batteries of both units to drain faster than you think For the occasional surfer, I think that's totally ok. Who wants to surf but long so will not get far. This limits in a mobility and independence. But it will work I have this idea and I will probably do so.

Even before the launch of the iPad 2 of 11 March, Apple has now provided the corresponding iOS 4.3. The update can be installed via iTunes as usual, to the latest iTunes should be used 10.2.1. It supports iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, the iPad iPad 2 as well as current iPods. As 3G iPhone with this version no longer supported. The most important innovation: the hotspot feature that allows the internet connection the iPhone 4 (the function is limited to the current iPhone) and can be divided up to three other devices. Here, a WLAN network called the iPhone will be created (another can not be selected) and transmits at 54 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band. Besides this function was also improved and increased functionality AirPlay the Javascript performance of the Safari browser.

With the iPhone as a hotspot of course, but I use my iPad for about a year with mobile hotspot. There are in addition to the lack of GPS also the limitations that some apps do functions in 3G disabled - that will not happen with a hotspot. The battery of the iPad, it should not affect the contrary holds in the WLAN mode so long as the 3G service. Only the battery from the iPhone it will drain faster, suck on me personally, the solution to the hot spot is ideal, the iPhone is mostly in the car in the cell phone pocket and I can easily surf with the iPad.

After the mid January 2011 which began beta testing for IOS version 3.4 is now available the final. Apple has updated its operating system, thus shortly before the launch of the iPad 2 at. The new version 4.3 is compatible with the iOS iPad , iPad 2 , iPhone 3G , iPhone 4 , iPod Touch 3rd and 4 Generation and for Apple TV. As late as the first beta release caused a stir, the multi-touch gestures, is missing from the final version. With four or five fingers are either displayed in wiping down a mopping up the multi-task bar will disappear again. The four / five finger left or right, wiped, so is the change between open apps. Subtracting all the fingers together on an app, the program is closed. Presumably there are multi-touch gestures iOS 5 , 2011, the rumors that could appear in April.

At the appearance changes when iOS 4.3 in the previous version 4.2.1 very little. Operation is therefore as usual. In Safari, the new Nitro JavaScript engine websites with Java scripts to quickly execute twice . In iOS 4.3 expands Apple also the Airplay functionality. Apple offers to third parties the opportunity to stream via AirPlay in their own apps and Web pages to be integrated. In addition to music, movies and photos AirPlay streaming and even with the iPhone -recorded videos, the integrated photo app are saved in, via Apple TV on the TV.

The hotspot functionality of the iPhone 4.3 on 4 with iOS we checked with an Apple iPad. The available wireless networks will be immediately "iPhone 4" is displayed. If this hotspot is selected, must the smartphone set password. The connection worked fine and with decent speed. On our iPad we achieved a download speed of 370 KB / s (measured with X Speed Test HD). On the iPhone 4 itself, the transfer rate was only slightly higher.