Thread: Different File managers

Different File managers

Hi guys I am a technology freak and like to update all that is in the current trend. Apart from that I have some mobile phones in which one is windows mobile and a couple of Android mobiles too. I have been closely comparing them in various aspects and the Android mobile phones are proving themselves really worthy. And from quite some time I was thinking as to upgrade my file managers in my phones so as to get a change. So are there any file managers you can suggest.

Re: Different File managers

I have been using the Dual File manager 2.70 and I am enjoying the experience. This application is a freeware and the memory capacity of this program is about 1.1 MB. This is specifically for the Android mobile phones, It is an absolute and simple file manager application for managing files and folders, with a feature of dual page view for quick transfers. Dual explorer provides you to browse the memory card with no trouble. It includes some of the features like the a browser for double page, thumbnails for audio, video etc, supports Gzip and Tar, has enhanced desktop folders, along with support for Multilanguage, multiselect, streaming and many more.

I would suggest you the Ghost Commander 1.33, which is an amazing program. This is a freeware with a file size of 290 kb, and is a Android specific application. The Ghost Commander application is a file manager of keyboard orientation consisting of 2 panels. It consists of 2 panels which have the ability to view files from any folder. The actions in the main file for this application are linked to numeric keys for example “5” is for copy, and “6” is for move. This application is applicable for Androids 1.5 and above.

I am a Blackberry user and use the FileScout 2.5.0.2. FileScout application is a file manager for Blackberry phones. The file size of this application is 273 kb and is specifically meant for the Blackberry Smartphone. In addition to it this application of FileScout offers you to manage images, simple steps to save and you can even try accessing your favorites, look for your desired files, and in the multiple folders you can even try making playlists, transfer files via Bluetooth or email, record and keep track of your SMS & eMails and it also allows to take screenshots of your device.

In my Symbian mobile phone I have the ActiveFile 1.44.5. This application is specifically meant for the Symbian mobile phones and makes it easy to browse through the folders on your mobile phone. The file size of this application is 179 kb, and is a freeware application. Using this application you can decompress and compress any files using gzip format, you can have a quick check of the available space in your memory. You can take screenshots and save it in formats like gif, jpeg, and png.

ScaliCommander is the application I am using on my Android phone and and it is fun browsing files using ScaliCommander. It allows you to browse for files or even handle your folders using this application. It has some exciting features like the simple drag and drop, you can even continuously zoom in views, can change the colors, move , copy and handle big files with their meta data information. This application also provides support for ZIP program. There is a lot more that this application has to offer.

I'm using AndroXplorer v.3. Great product, got everything I need.
    Support 7z, zip, rar, passman, user friendly, AES, can connect with keepas, and unicode. The best.