Thread: Transfer purchased application from iPad to iPad 2

Transfer purchased application from iPad to iPad 2

I'm thinking to buy the IPAD 2 in the near future to give my wife while I continue with my iPad. I bought and installed some applications and games on my IPAD and I was wondering if I bought the new iPad 2, Do I need to download applications and games again that I have purchased for the old IPAD or I can use the same applications on my iPad 2?

Re: Transfer purchased application from iPad to iPad 2

I had the same condition in which they are now. You do not have to buy anything again - as applications are purchased iTunes ID and not a device. You can reinstall any applications you've purchased for free in their new iPad2. Still there could be some application that can be purchased only once no matter if that can be bought by an iTunes and not by the device. Actually an installation of that application can be done only once.

I suggest you to repeat the process that you have gone trough while installing an application for your iPad. Your computer system must be having a purchased application so you just need to connect your iPad 2 with the computer system that has an application and then use an iTunes to transfer it to your iPad 2. It may be asking for some kind of key while installing it on your phone but make sure that you has the same. Same key must be working for iPad that has worked for iPad earlier.

If suppose the computer system is different on which purchased application has been downloaded then you need to get the same application on your computer system along with an iTunes. It would be much better to connect your iPad 2 directly to that computer system itself but if it does not then you may try getting it on your iPad 2 from your machine on which you have just transferred the application and iTunes.

Yes, I suggest you to check that the application that you have bought is not so secured that it can be installed only once. As I have seen such problems for installing the application on iPad which has been purchased once and can be installed only once. Even if you try to install it on the same device second time by some mean, then it won't be working. So the application about which you are talking here must not be falling in those category.