Thread: Does getting a new iPad 2 remove the need for ATV

Does getting a new iPad 2 remove the need for ATV

I have an IPAD; IPAD and upgrade to 2 when released. My opinion is that the new IPAD 2 that through an HDMI cable you can connect to your TV and mirror in any television that is in the 2.So IPAD, not to be cynical, but I have my pictures and music my iPad 2 and can use a browser to get to Netflix is what really needs to ATV? ATV just bought last week and plans to return if the IPAD can do the same things. A device for less, one less remote, less cable, so it is always better in my mind.

Re: Does getting a new iPad 2 remove the need for ATV

I guess it depends on your needs. I do not own an IPAD, but still does not get rid of the ATV. It works for me when I see something which, in turn, the Apple TV and that's it. I will use my iPhone for everything that is not native to airplay on him. I find it inconvenient to link every time and place to navigate if the cable is not long enough. That's just my opinion.

If you want iTunes, YouTube, Netflix on TV, have an IPAD and a cable, then it can survive without Apple TV. Would you like it is down to you, there is a certain inconvenience to have to use a cable and, of course, is likely to cost at least one third the price of Apple TV to the cable adaptor. The while allowing allows see anything on television that can in a IPAD is for mirroring IPAD screen in situations where you want to share the screen instead of media content, i.e. in the classroom.

I have an iPad but after reading the qualifications of the new iPad, the A5 dual-core SOC has a much better presentation than the technical qualifications of ATV2 A4 SOC. I'm not shocked to see an ATV2.1 in the near future with the new hardware, the latest in hardware is faster and capable of 1080p video output, while the current ATV is limited to a maximum resolution of 720p output.

It all depends on your personal choice. Yes I will buy a Ipad2 not substitute all-terrain vehicles. I do not want to be restricted to a cable, and I am the only user. That is, if someone wants to use the IPAD and streaming partners. Get point. My ability to offer television channels and at the time that is needed is great. I have no problem in 1080. You all know, if not Google. But most of us in the distance, sat watching the big screen cannot see the difference between 720 or 1080. If the future of ATV2 1080p output upgrade, then fine, but until then it makes no difference for most users. ATV I'm ordering two other rooms of my house. I hate cables!

A debt of gratitude is in order regarding every last trace of the answers; I think they all make a mess of sense. It could be a touch lumbering to need to continue joining the iPad to the TV Set every time I needed to Netflix something, and whatnot. In addition, as some have Sharp out by utilizing the iPad as a media player indicates you could not utilize it as an iPad at the same time! I figure my first consideration was that it could be a brisk and effortless game plan to get around the situation of not having access to matter on ATV that is good to go on the iPad such as Hulu Plus.