Thread: Does iPad 2 magnets affect laptop hard drives

Does iPad 2 magnets affect laptop hard drives

Hi, I am carrying my ipad in my laptop bag with my company laptop. Some where I read that magnet affect the hard drive of your laptop or your system. So now I want to know that the magnet of ipad 2 is really strong enough to affect my hard drive of my company laptop. If I carried this I pad 2 in this same way. My laptop has magnetic hard drive and I am carrying my laptop and I pad in the same section of my computer bag in traveling. According to me ipad 2 case magnets are extremely strong, and so it will affect my hard drive. Can anyone know that it really affecting it or not.

Re: Does iPad 2 magnets affect laptop hard drives

Hi, according to my information the ipad use magnet simply for the smart case. And I believe that the apple would think about this problem. And they would check this magnet to not affect any other machines like laptop etc. it seems the ipad 2 include magnet on the smart case need to be correct next to the ipad2. And this I don’t think so that these magnets are strong enough to affect any other machine. I am not sure but it’s my thought. If you want to know about this then search it on internet. You will get information from there. Thank you.

Hi, even I am facing this same problem. Yesterday I bought new ipad 2 and because for its safety I am keeping that in my laptop bag in traveling. This same query comes in my mind and then I try to search for this on internet but I did not find that much information. Then I move on the official site of ipad 2 but they did not maintained anything about this query so I think it’s safe for your laptop hard drive and other machines. But at same time I found some weird information on some other site. In that is says that iphone magnetic case affect hard drive of laptop. So I am still confused about this query. If anyone know about this then share your knowledge with us.

Hi, nice question. But according to my information magnets are strong to affect your laptop hard drive. It affects your hard drive only if that magnet is more powerful. The powerful magnet is capable to do physical harm if you are in its surrounding area. But if you are talking about this ipad 2 case magnet so it’s not contain that much powerful magnet. So it can not affect your hard drive. Still if you have a doubt in your mind then try to search about this on internet or refer some technical books. I hope now you are clear with this topic.

Hi, on this question my opinion is no. yes it’s not affecting your hard drive. According to my information there are many iphone and ipad cases used magnet to keep them closed. And I never heard about any problem like you are saying. The magnet used in this Ipad 2 case is very thin and thin magnet are not able to cause laptop hard drive. And it’s an apple company, I am sure apple has tested the ipad 2 sufficiently. So don’t worry about this problem. And if you find similar type of problem, then share with us. Thank you.

Hello, guys thank you for your quick response. Now I am sure that ipad 2 magnate case is not able to affect your hard drive in any case. Today I was searching information about this query and then I found one web site, on that they explain very well about this query, in that they share all the disadvantages about thin magnet. In that it says that iphone and ipad cannot affect your hard drive of your laptop because of its very low magnetic power. So now I am clear with this query Thank you all.

well this problem can be arise if you put 2 equip together so better to put ur ipad in a separate case from that laptop....you can good case from here: