Thread: Hardware Failure on MSI GX630 gaming notebook

Hardware Failure on MSI GX630 gaming notebook

Today I attempted to boot my laptop only to find that the monitor was white with thin colored vertical lines through it. At first I thought the monitor should be burned. The lights were all flashing, indicating that the normal starting process in progress. After several restarts to no avail I took the battery and wait a few minutes before putting it back and restart. This time it booted normally, with nothing visibly wrong with the screen. The team worked very well. My second thought was that the graphics card worked fine, but how if I was now able to run the computer normally and even plays games without the slightest hint of trouble? Is this a known problem? If anyone have information about this than please just let me know.

Re: Hardware Failure on MSI GX630 gaming notebook

I heard that the hardware of this team is known for overheating or breaking. Just the day earlier than I had played a very graphics-intensive game (I have not played for some time.) Could have been a cause of failure? In addition, the power cord from my laptop is becoming used and unresponsive. Due to wear of the cable, which is (very) recently started not to charge my laptop, or give up power to adjust the cable. Could have done something wrong? What I can do to solve this problem, and how do I find the actual source of the problem? Is this a known malfunction, and is there any way I can have it fixed without having to replace the whole laptop? I really appreciate any help you can get.

Here I also wish to add something regarding this topic. I also have some issues with this and as you say, I just restarted the computer a few times, and I found that I can put it in standby mode (so far) not to return to the screen rare. The problem is that I realized I was starting normal boot process. I could write in my log after waiting a minute or less, and the little LED goes crazy, as loads of my startup programs and such.

Someone here has a similar problem with this notebook (black screen, no boot). It can be a problem for venture capital (which was somewhat similar to the Dell Inspiron 7400 with a malfunction CV) or LCD inverter. Yes, the laptop loads the operating system of venture capitalist or damaged. Inverter will be damaged especially when he is old. But it's not a rule. Anyway I would say CV needs to be fixed or replaced.

I had similar problem last year (no start with random black screen), initially the solution for me was that I had to push (and hold) the power button for about 15 to 20 seconds, then starts normally. After that it happened one day that he died on notebook (black screen but with all the indicator lights). I sent it for repair and they changed the motherboard (I thought it was the graphics card). After a year that there were still other problems (the computer freezes at random, and sometimes my burner of subject matter), in the form many times without success. At first I thought the hard drive was defective, but while I tried to check with Ultimate Boot CD for the answer was "no drive found error 0120", so I'm pretty sure it is again a problem motherboard (IDE SATA controller?) happens at random, later sent for repair yesterday. Hope that helps

There could also be a loose connection. You can try to pull the bottom panel off and see if the LCD connector is there. (I know that is where the GX732 so it’s probably in the same place) If it’s not there it should be located just above the keyboard on the framework established between the keyboard and hinges. As well, the best way to know if you have a problem of LCD compared with VC / mother is to connect an external monitor to your system via the VGA port and press FN + F2 several times and see if any of the video there. If it does, it is likely that the problem is the LCD screen or connection. If no video, probably the last. I wish this will helpful for you. Good luck…

So my laptop has mysteriously months, later and now is the similar trouble again. I have confirmed that this is a problem connecting with my laptop as the monitor failure seemingly random shocks can be carried by the laptop a bit, I think. Although I am not interested in testing the theory given that I'm making better use of what little time that might have to write this message instead of hitting my laptop at all. I have no guarantee of more and your laptop is essentially two years, now I think? Maybe a little less. I will see you take to clean the dirt and have looked for loose connections in the process. Hopefully it's the last I see of the issue. Personally I do not want to open the thing up.