Thread: iPad2 with HDMI: Is there any need for iTV or Roku

iPad2 with HDMI: Is there any need for iTV or Roku

Just wondering if now that the IPAD 2 has an HDMI output port if it could connect the TV to the IPAD and the flow of Netflix, without the need for the Apple TV or Roku? Does anyone think they know? Anyone had any idea about this? I just ask this to my one technical friend, but don’t have any useful information for this. So therefore I just come here to clear my doubts. So, if anyone here has any information regarding iPad2 with HDMI, than please provide me. And anyone has any other information about iPad2 with HDMI than please provide. Thank you!

Re: iPad2 with HDMI: Is there any need for iTV or Roku

On paper, yes, if you can put your IPAD that near your television. I want to see how the screen looks before I could say it was a success. But the advantage of having the Apple TV or Roku is that you do not have to tie your portable device to your TV friendly. That frequently is not practical, or as a minimum not very pleasing. The application of Netflix now has video output. I am assuming it will persist to work with the novel digital AV adapter, but probably should not be assumed to be the case.

Here I also want to add something about iPad2 with HDMI. The presentation seemed to say that all applications that have video output. All any of us know is what is in the current specification page. Until it comes out, none of us without insurance. Personally, I do not see it as a replacement for any of my Roku or my Apple TV. I think it would be difficult to use my iPad for anything else while connected to the TV. Roku as well flow Amazon Prime.

Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO, has just introduced the new iPad2. As news of what is important is a popular restyling the Apple tablet? As major developments, the iPad2 has a front camera, is 33% thinner than its predecessor and has an HDMI output as an accessory. In addition to accessory to connect the output through HDMI IPad2, Jobs has introduced an accessory that has been called 'Smart covers', a kind of covers to protect the iPad2. With the new Apple iPad-2 wants to continue the success he has achieved with his tablet, which has sold over 15 million units.

Finally the day came, iPad2 and exceeded all predictions, the bickering that had been speculating since before Christmas. Here a server has to put away his words and admit that both the launch and distribution have exceeded the most optimistic expectations. Will be launched on March 2 in India, March 11 in U.S. and March 25 in Spain, so if that is a surprise. Regarding the prices remains as popular as ever, starting from $ 499 Wi-Fi 16GB, up to $ 829 3G 64GB.

Apple returns to the fray with a new product, Steve Jobs introduced the new iPad2. As major developments, the iPad2 has a front camera, is 33% thinner than its predecessor and has an HDMI output as an accessory. In addition to accessory to connect the output through HDMI IPad2, Jobs has introduced an accessory that has been called 'Smart covers', a kind of covers to protect the iPad2. Much had been speculated on the presence or absence of Steve Jobs in the presentation of the genius of Apple. Jobs, on sick leave due to his poor health, did not want to miss the birth of his new 'baby'. Their presence in the presentation and launch of iPad2 has made the stock Apple 1% rise, according to the Wall Street Journal moves.

With the release of IPAD 2, Apple also announced an HDMI cable allows you to see on a TV screen everything on the screen of the iPad, including applications, vertical and horizontal or, you can play the games iPad using a large screen, and view movies (only up to 720p, curiously, although the iPad 2 may play a 1080p video without problems.) So far so normal, which Apple announced at the keynote, is that in fact this cable also works in the iPhone 4, iPod 4G and iPad Touch first generation. This cable, which is not cheap (it costs $ 39) to connect the device to the cable provided in addition to the HDMI output. Many have complained about the reason for this ... if you can have HDMI output, why not included in the device? Complaints aside, what interests us is to connect the iPhone; The downside is that your business is not the same as in the case of the iPad 2, no way to get just as there are in the iPhone's screen on your TV; In the iPhone 4, what it does is show the video being played, or show a pass sequential photos, all limited to 720p. Cannot play games, among other things.

They call it video mirroring. But what exactly does that mean? Basically it is a function with which we can transfer the contents of the screen iPad 2 to a TV or monitor with excellent video quality. This is thanks to the adapter HDMI with the new edition of the tablet can cause a screen to display games in high definition, as we see in the iPad 2. The key is, as we say, in an optional accessory that costs 40 Euros and making the iPad 2 can recognize a high-definition HDMI connection. The adapter, similar to that transforms the DVI output of computers in the house on the block, plug the dock port iPad 2 and splits into two connectors. One is intended to launch the HDMI signal, the other doubles the dock so that we still have available the port, mainly to have on hand the power of the iPad 2.

The iPad 2 is still a pending issue with the USB port, but this time they approach a broader connectivity, at least, with the help of accessories. We talk about the new connection HDMI which can be included in the tablet from Apple, if recourse to the adapter that the house on the block will sell for about 40 Euros. The adapter plugs into the native port of Apple, the dock, making it the iPad 2 can connect to a TV or HD monitor, to see everything that shows the big-screen tablet. In addition, the same output is used to launch the audio signal. But what applications can you give this new feature? After the jump, we give some clues.