Thread: How iPad 2 will work as a Thin Client

How iPad 2 will work as a Thin Client

I'm demanding to figure out if and how the IPAD 2 will be functioning as a thin client in the office. I am running a Windows 7 OS, the virtual machine (VM) access to RDP for Mac as I am having a macbook too. I love to use the IPAD two in a similar way. But there is no mouse support in the IOS. Do some of the remote access applications contain mouse support so that one time you are coupled to the remote session, you can utilize a mouse to a pointer? The IPAD 2 and is friendly with a Bluetooth wireless keyboard. And with IOS 4.3 reflection, I should be able to connect the IPAD 2 to my external monitor, the start of remote access software and tie to my Windows virtual machine. The support of the mouse is the only thing missing. I am aware of the method of the jail-break to get mouse support, but would rather not.

Re: How iPad 2 will work as a Thin Client

Citrix has announced that companies that use XenDesktop and XenApp can use the iPad as thin client to access their Windows environment. The iPad as thin client - The editor said he would take the Citrix Application Receiver for iPhone already available in the App Store to take advantage of the 9.7-inch screen of 1024 x 768 and larger keyboard or the physical model available as an accessory. A thin client is a machine that merely receive information calculated by the servers. So if a company already virtualize their Windows desktop environments with solutions from Citrix, IPAD receiver would be very easy because it will only connect to the virtual machine. Lots of analysts have inquired whether the iPad will attract professionals or not. Citrix think so, and therefore proposes an application that tries to seduce the mobile clients by allowing them to use Windows and their applications directly on the tablet.

Wyse Technology, the worldwide leader in client Cloud computing, its successful application Wyse pocket cloud now, in a free version of IOS-based devices. Wyse pocketcloud, users of their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch access to all files and applications to their PCs or virtual desktops. Wyse, VMware Ready cloud pocket and certified for VMware View, it can be flawlessly integrated into presented environments, VMware View integrated without any additional software installed, or a particular setup to be performed. Wyse pocket cloud in August 2009 on the market, with over 250,000 downloads and is ranked with the topmost 10 business applications on the iTunes App Store.

IPAD PocketCloud application is offered for $ 29.99 at the App Store. Wyse said PocketCloud users who moreover pay for the IPAD have worldwide access through the iPod Touch and iPhone at no extra cost. Wyse PocketCloud is well-suited with the iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch and IPAD too. Connect to Microsoft Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate, Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista Business and Services Remote Desktop and Terminal Services features of Windows Server products.

PocketCloud on the iPhone can work with the Microsoft's RDP protocol and VMware View 4, and is optimized for the small form factor. It includes a simulated mouse pointer allows users to easily point and click objects on the remote desktop, Angwin claimed, even in the iPhone is small screen.Ironically, Wyse introduced a tablet device itself, the Winterm 3820TX, in 2003. This was not mainly flourishing, and was ultimately discontinued. Additionally, numerous ordinary protocols are all set installed with the purpose-built thin clients, and these too can be easily managed in an enterprise environment using tools such as the Wyse Device Manager software.