Thread: Does dual-core iPad 2 mean the next update will make iPad 1 too slow?

Does dual-core iPad 2 mean the next update will make iPad 1 too slow?

Having given my old iPhone 3G useless to iOS4 updating, I'm wondering if one of the updates will come to iOS of my iPad its too slow to use. One of the most attractive things about the IPAD is the fast and agile that it responds. If that slows ruin the user experience. Spending $ 499 on a new iPad every April is not sustainable - and will not happen. I give confidence Apple to bring the dam that is not obsolete IPAD following two processors A5 IPAD 2.

Re: Does dual-core iPad 2 mean the next update will make iPad 1 too slow?

Did you every ever updated your iPhone (which was always slower than the iPhone 4 as you said it is) to 4.2.1? I gave my iPhone 3G phone to a friend that has 4.2.1 on it and he was telling me that he does not have any complaints about the speed. There no way that only the issue of a new piece of hardware that you’re IPAD slow, just not be as fast as the new. And 4.3 should not slow you for any.

No I think I will. Instead of that I am broken down and I got a new iPhone 4, but the iPhone 3G is now with my son "iPod Touch". But what the new hardware means is that the new operating system and applications will be more complex and take advantage of the speed of new baseline. Major iPads will be below the baseline, and any new program will proceed more slowly in the new iPads for which it was designed the software. I'm asking here is that Apple will give us a couple of years, at least, to enjoy our iPads before they are too slow to use. Moving from a single processor with a dual processor with the second version sounds like the old are left in the dust very quickly. And that makes me happy, because I've been banned by my wife to even think about buying an iPad 2

It’s not 2 chips, is a dual-core chip. And iPhone 3 is two and a half year but as told speed my friends is fine for her. No more RAM and developers to take advantage of it, but that alone will make your applications run faster on the iPad 2, but not a slower one in ours. I cannot believe in buying the IPAD 2. Want to start working on it so I can buy the IPAD 3, due out next March. Have four main tabs, Blue Ray capable camera and screen, SD and USB ports and an internal fusion generator will last longer, so you never have to load it.

"There is more RAM and developers to take advantage of it, but that alone will make your applications run faster on the iPad 2, but not a slower one in ours." That will make existing applications run faster on IPAD 2. However, these applications are updated, they become more complex to take advantage of additional RAM and CPU, and then you have an updated application that runs about half as fast as it used to before you just updated. I know, you cannot stop progress. But let that finally bought a case of it in December! Also, FWIW, the iPhone 4 has 512 MB of RAM while iPad1 has only 256. I'm betting in two months if you do not have 512MBs RAM on any device you are using, it will be slower than they were accustomed. I guess that makes sense ... At this point the speed is becoming irrelevant in computers. All are fast enough. So the speed race moves into the mobile market to keep the purchase of each year. My Core2Duo 1.6GHz Dell laptop is pretty fast and is about 5 years old. Same with the iMac Core 2 Duo 2GHz. Now, the dual-core G5 I'm typing this one is having major problems with speed - for the same reason I am discussing the iPad. When my G5 came out we were in Adobe CS2. Now is the CS5, and I'm only in CS4 - but is designed for the latest greatest hardware. My computer is no slower, but I sure as hell am Photoshop. And the same with all that has been updated within the past 5 years. And I cannot even run the latest version of Safari. Dam IT department! Give me a new Mac!

In my experience, Apple has been brilliant least not dumping on their customers. Look at the Mac, and the problems of which he was to ensure that "G" series software running on the new Intel-equipped machines. They make absolutely sure that his being IPAD will still be able to function in the coming years. It will not be as fast or capable, but it will work.