Thread: I am not able to get Apple's Remote App work

I am not able to get Apple's Remote App work

I am facing a major problem here. I am not able to make the apple remote app work. What I am facing here is that, I had downloaded and installed Remote Appl. I found this in the iTunes preferences and this is enabled from there. I have a computer and iphone together on the same wifi network which I am using at my home. Now the iTunes is running on my system and I started the Remote App on my iphone. It showed up a type of code which I entered. But there is nothing found in the Device Menu. Why it does not finds my computer in that. How can I configure the same.

Re: I am not able to get Apple's Remote App work

This can be due to the firewall. The firewall is simply enabled by default, for this you need to disabled the same. The firewall simply blocks any incoming connection for security matter. For this just go in system preferences. In the same look for Security. In that in the 3rd menu the settings for Firewall is located. You can see 3 radio buttons there, in which you have to choose the third one. Then at the bottom side you can see a plus sign. Click on the same and then click on Add > Choose iTunes. Again try to reconnect this will work.

I faced this issue while working with Apple TV. Then I rechecked on the computer whether it is detected or not. But nothing was found there. Later on after that I came to conclusion to check the settings of my router. I disconnected my router for some time and then plug the same back again. After that all things started working and I found the issue was related to the config settings of router. It was not detecting the remote app. Till now I had not faced any more issue and I had also added Airport Express. Because of this it has become more easy to use.

This is mostly the firewall issue only. In your Apple computer it set to on by default and it mostly do not allow any unknown incoming connection. The first reply is the most proper answer for that. There are two ways to check that. The first is either by disabling the firewall and then connecting and the second is, by adding the same in the exception list of the firewall. You can check both the things. If you are using any anti-virus program then you can also try checking the firewall settings of that also.

My problem is a bit different. Here what I am trying to do is, paring my laptop with Apple's Remote App. For that I do not face any issue while pairing iTunes with iPhone and adding up the same on TCP and UDP ports. I did this all on the firewall page. I have a Windows platform and the antivirus which I am using is McAfee. But the problem arise with the iphone later on. I am not able to see the iTunes library in that. There is nothing shown in that. I had also checked that iTunes is installed properly and all services are working fine with minimal security settings.

I had faced the same before and in my case for some reason I was not able to use the Remote App. I have a wifi network at my home. Even In my security page I had properly configured the iTunes connections. I had enabled iTunes and even allowed connection for the services. My IP was excepted properly. But the Remote app was not responding. I reconfigured all back again. I did a clean install of the remote app, my wifi setup and things started working. Thee is some issue with the connectivity in this app. I am not sure about that.