Thread: MSI GX660 freezes while playing Heroes of Newerth and World of Warcraft

MSI GX660 freezes while playing Heroes of Newerth and World of Warcraft

I have been searching around a bit on Google and search this forum and have not found and the answer (or I am bad at it). In any case, what time I play these games (the only two I play) I get a freeze on the screen. After 10 to 20 seconds the screen turns gray and after a minute the game closes and I return to the desktop with an error in the right corner. The error indicates a problem with the driver and the Windows resettled. So, immediately I downloaded a new driver but first removing the old. So, that's all, so I thought at least. But the error still appears after 4 reinstall the driver. This began to occur at the end of last week or so, and I am about to mourn again. I bought the computer two months ago and have not had a trouble with it until this. Is there a malfunction with my video card or what? If anyone have any idea about his than please just let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: MSI GX660 freezes while playing Heroes of Newerth and World of Warcraft

Here I as well wish to add something about this. Maybe something is overheating? Like dust in the output of the CPU fan? Broken hard disk? I doubt the drivers are a problem, such as World of Warcraft is a quite old game and as hard as a rock, even with previous drivers. Which windows you use, Windows 32-bit version or 64 bit? So please just let me know the version you use. And if you want more information about this than just let me know.

I do not know if the CPU is overheating, but the built-in "thermometer" on the menus of the catalyst shows that the GPU is at 60 to 65 degrees Celsius immediately after thawing competition. I have 64-bit Windows 7. I do not know if that caused it, but I installed Furmark to check my balance of my GPY. I installed this and tried in the morning and after you shut down your computer to start again in the afternoon. Now was the game started freezing.

I just got my GX660-266NE few days ago. I was very happy with him, until he tried to play the first game. I installed Fallout 3. When I start to play the screen just after freezing from 15 to 20 seconds. Nothing happens, and I can `t move the mouse. So I am stuck with a frozen image in the game. To exit, I have to ctrl / alt / Del and end the process (Fallout 3). Then back in the windows, the PC seems fine. All I can remember is that I have an earlier time received the message as, "The error indicates a trouble with the Windows driver from ATI and reset the controller, and I have this message before I tried to play first time. This is the first and only game I have tried so far. I'm at work now and will be gone for 15 days, so I can `t does more tests until I return. Just wanted to see if anyone had a similar problem. Reinstall I tried the driver but to no avail so far. I have: Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Core i5-460M, MSI GX660-266NE 15. 6 "The Shining Full HD, 6 GB, 500 GB, Radeon HD 5870, BT, HDMI 9cell.

Yes, okay. I Have not tried out but Call of Duty Black Ops works fine for me, do not know why really. But today the screen without it freezing yet (interpreted as 10rounds HON). However, there is a tear that constantly appears in the center of the screen. Something that is black checkered. I at a standstill can’t get response from MSI or Hawaiians (the company which bought the draft). So let's see, I still think there is a hardware failure. Since drivers look to work well now after re-install another (no. 5 I think).

I have similar troubles. I have MSI GX660 with windows 7 x64. In addition, I as well get a freeze when watching movies main flash in Firefox, from time to time. I can still hear the sound, but not even ctrl + alt + Del does go either way. Windows 7 wish I had a keyboard reset graphics driver as Linux. I spoke with my friend and said video memory under clocking solves the trouble. He under clocked its 5870 desktop memory at 1050MHz 1200MHz 1000. Can you prove it is not risky? I guess that can be easily done through Catalyst Control Center ATI.

The GX660 has the ATI HD 5870M. It is an extremely well-known 5870 accruing gray screen every few minutes. The frequency of this problem can be reduced causing the fan to operate at a higher speed than usual. This is according to a friend who owns a very recent a sapphire 5870. The Sapphire and XFX brands do not follow the reference design recommended by AMD card. However, Diamond and ASUS follow the design of the card by AMD, and this problem is not in their cards for 5870. It is possible that the 5870M on the laptop is affected by the similar error. Not sure if this is a real heat problem or a driver issue. In one of the reviews for the Sapphire 5870, with an older driver solves the problem, unluckily, the reviewer did not mention what version. Google reveals that for the problem is widespread.