Thread: Facing problem with MSI – NX6800 driver

Facing problem with MSI – NX6800 driver

Hi I am not able to install MSI - NX6800 GT (256 Mb) in my system. I am using Asus A7n8X Deluxe (first version) motherboard. And I am using 1.5 GB DDR ram with Athlon xp 2400+ cpu. I installed MSI - NX6800 GT (256 Mb) graphic card in my system. And I am using 80GBWestern Digital and 250GbHitachi hard disk in my system. From last one and half year without the second hard disk and by using this configuration with windows 2000 its working without any problem. I purchased a second hard drive a few weeks ago (the 256 GB one), so I decided to put a fresh install of XP on it. XP installed without problems but when I tried to install the drivers that the problem appeared. So I again reinstall the entire driver but still it’s not installing properly and it show me a error message.

Re: Facing problem with MSI – NX6800 driver

Hi I hope this information will help you I think this problem is invoke because of you windows XP. I think a window XP is not comfortable with your driver. For that use Nforce chip set drivers and forceware display drivers.try to search drivers for your system from the internet. And also check its compatibility with your windows XP operating system. Some drivers directly come with your windows XP service pack 2 so you don’t need to install that driver again. Direct 9.0c is the driver which comes with this service packs 2 so no need to install this.

Hi thank you for your quick reply. I follow your information but it won’t help me to solve this problem. I have tried this three times. I format HDD for no conflict between the different drivers. I also try to install 5.10 Nforce drivers and the 91.31 ForceWare drivers in my system but it doesn’t work. I also tried the entire older version but still it doesn’t help me to solve t his problem. Any other suggestion for this problem, I am running out of ideas now.

Hi if it’s not working then there may be problem with your Vid card. You have to download 5.10 drivers for the Mobo and the latest ForceWare driver for your Vid card from the nVidia website. If suppose, it’s still not working then, check your Vid card. Try out your Vid card in any other system. And if it’s not working on other system then change this vid card and then again install all the drivers and check its working or not. You can also manually force the drivers. But if you don’t know how to do it then install it in your system. I hope this information will help you to solve your problem.

I've tried the Vid card in another system, and it works without any problem there. I've been doing a assumption, although the possibility of entry from which is very little thin I think. A over a year ago, there was a storm (very violent and very close to my house), and my computer was plugged on (although it was closed). After that incident, two USB ports on my motherboard were dead, along with a network card in it. But the rest was working fine. So I've been working if it could not have affected a little rest. I have no idea how it will work after installing new drivers, on the confirmation it does with the system and THE hardware. But if it comes to making the full power of the video card, it might be that. I do not know how I could check that though. How can I manually force the drivers? how you can copy and paste the files into their correct directories?

Hi if you don’t know how to force driver manually then follow the following steps. First use winzip to unzip the nVidia ForceWare drivers and after that save this driver in your hard drive. Then go to properties of your Vid card which is located in your device manager. And then select the driver from hard disk and point it at drivers on your hard drive. Now remove the checkmark whose saying show only compatible driver. And then you can manually select driver which you want for your Vid card. I hope now you are clear with this doubt.