Thread: Is this possible to change the matrix of MSI Gx740

Is this possible to change the matrix of MSI Gx740

Few weeks ago I bought this beautiful machine with windows 7. The only thing I dislike is the array and a "dancing pixels", moving pixels. It happens just in gray or some variation of gray. And here's the question: is there any chance to change that? Or is there a possibility to change the LED array? I will be very grateful for the responses. If anyone find any information or any useful hint for me than please just let me know. Thanking you.

Re: Is this possible to change the matrix of MSI Gx740

MSI have some Terms and conditions, few of them are as follows:
    1. MSI products are guaranteed for 2 years from the date of buy. For additional information about warranty and guarantee conditions, please find it to the site.
    2. Make sure that technicians are able to log into the system with administrative user rights. If essential please immobilize your account password "administrator" user.
    3. Please note carefully the shipping instructions. Normally we ask shipments without any accessories other than the battery. In outstanding cases, we ask you to send in the unit with the adapter, for example, if there looks to be a trouble with these components.
    4. MSI is not responsible for any items sent with the defective unit, unless expressly requested these additional items. There are no grounds for claims of the parties did not request that have been damaged or have disappeared, and he should not have been sent first.

I do not want to use my laptop warranty. I have only one problem with my screen GX740 / matrix. Well I see that weird dancing pixels / pixel float. Besides the screen quality is poor. I heard about that novel VBIOS upgrade repair. VBIOS remembered but did not change anything. So here's the question: Is there a possibility that the new VBIOS flash went wrong and changed nothing, although I have seen information about Flash successful? And what about the dancing pixels - VBIOS can flash be fixed? I will be very thankful for reply because I am very dissatisfied. I exhausted all my money for that piece.

I think even the replacement will not resolve the trouble because it seems that all 17 "WSXGA + (glare type) shown in the GX740 has the similar trouble. I doubt my dealer will retrieve it for them there is something horrible and it is change penalty. I think most people do not see this problem because they are not paying attention to this. The failure of the screen and a possible way to solve it is to change the view of some others. Plus it can get rid of colored pixels that change the level of contrast, brightness or gamma levels in my ATI control center. But look very ugly. What worries me more than the pixels dancing is what I see on my screen pixels with the naked eye and is not necessary to look closely to see that. In general, the display quality is poor.

I know you are there more somewhere but I cannot memorize. I compared two laptops: Acer Aspire mine and from 2007 onwards. And it's pathetic. Acer screen has improved quality than GX740. I am really tired of all the pixels of dance, this "quality." I will wrote an email to MSI and ask about it. What makes me believe that it is wrong VBIOS version is that MSI is releasing a few new editions and discuss the settings so that it's all regarding adjustments? I hope so, because they do not want to lose my warranty. But if it's just a poor picture quality, I will change the array because it really hurts my eyes because of the damn pixels. In addition there notebook check site opinions on the quality of the screen GX740 deprived.

The video quality isn't great so forgive me but I don't have good equipment for that. For better effect I needed to record it, “under the angle" (hope that you know what I mean). And as you can see on white color pixels are moving all the time, on gray color they are not moving. Does anyone know now what I mean? Do you see the difference between white and gray color? There is not a video quality fault that those pixels are dancing, they really are! If someone wants to know how those pixels look, just take a look at the vista’s blur picture. There's MSI logo and some kind of moving pixels around it. Exactly the similar thing I have all the time but maybe with less effect.

Confirming the problem with the display - have the similar "pixel noising" in gray, etc. Model is GX740-405UA (1440x 900 eyes, ATI 5870) met in November to 20. I have Microsoft Windows 7 64 bit. To update VBIOS, just later than concluding reading all these flames here and there)), by the way, I have my new video VBIOS is absent from anywhere on the Internet: BR035757.028 date 5 November 2010. Is this beta? Does someone know what this version is it?

I returned the item back to the dealer, and took another laptop from Samsung (RF710). Now, happy and relaxed, here is some interesting thing: while the PC store, had inspect all Samsung laptops in the stands (keep in mind, the trouble of the matrix that MSI was made by this company). And a model had the identical trouble with the Matrix! It was 15 "2010 models, but no luck RF710 anyway. No wonder that so great was that lot of arrays distributed throughout the world?)) Good luck!