Thread: GT680R-008US chipset is affected by Intel’s cougar point

GT680R-008US chipset is affected by Intel’s cougar point

I just bought GT680R last month but it seems that this laptop's chipset is exaggerated by Intel’s cougar point problem too. Is MSI accepting substitution for this model up till now if so? I really not understood why this been happen. Anyone else ever faced this issue? Or anyone here has any idea about this issue? If anybody find any information or any idea about this than please just let me know, because this is really essential for me. So please provide your suggestions.

Re: GT680R-008US chipset is affected by Intel’s cougar point

MSI recommends that end users, who hope to return MSI Intel P67 and H67 plates or exaggerated portable game, contact the unique place of purchase for further details on the return or refund policy. On the other hand, users can record their six series laptop Intel or MSI motherboard with the may 30, 2011 at MSI replacement site to be qualified for the subsequent options.
    1. HM67 portable games: Customers are qualified for improve to next-generation portable gaming MSI on availability.
    2. P67 and H67 motherboard: customers are suitable to get a replacement with the novel B3 stepping of the Intel motherboard series 6, while obtainable in the channel.
    3. Shipping: To create the substitution as smooth as likely, MSI will give customers with a shipping label for UPS 3 Day returns, and transport the novel item shipping UPS 3 Day, both at without cost.

I love MSI for this cause. It’s really immense service. I just scheduled for replacement on link you provided me. They even provide us free 3 days UPS tag for transport back. Now all I got to do is stay till replacement arrives. love this service. Side note: I just wish they change power cord plug to L shape rather than straight line on laptop. I just get frightened of this intend because it bands power cord surplus.

This problem can be a problem but not instant. I will just stay until they obtain B3 stepping units and after that get my substitute. My other concern is just that my CPU runs very hot. That is idling at 50ish and up to 80c + while I am playing, even in turbo mode. I am worried because GPU works splendidly in this model. Even during the test burn, not at all reach 90c GPU temp, which is extremely notable for a laptop. However, the CPU is too hot, no stuff how you look. I have also gt660 model and has the similar trouble of high CPU temperature (90c + on load, temperature of the GPU load is about 89c but that's at a standstill well sufficient for GPU). Is that you can unlock and reapply thermal compound laptop myself? I am not so certain regarding the opening kick to unlock the laptop all I have to untie the back and a screw is locked with label saying warranty void if seal is broken. This is extremely awful for me coz it is very easy to open and reapply thermal compound this laptop of my choice (elevated quality), but I will annulled the warranty in the process. RMA know will not solve this trouble because factory, do not use as thermal compound, but only standard stock OEM thermal compound. Am I allowed to do this you?

Why take a chance while you can get replacement? Just Sign up for replacement. If they could tell which chipset are faulted or not by just checking S/N, they wouldn't have called in each chipset they shipped out. They can't inform which chipsets have probable fault and that is why they recalled each chipsets from everywhere. I am sending mine in spite of its blemished or not because I want it to be safe. It’s your selection whether you send yours out to get restore or not but if u have GT680 immediately, you bought it earlier than recall so there's a chance yours is deserted too (meaning whole GT680 units out there are affected). They haven't shipped out novel fixed version up till now.

At the present I am not sending either. I only signed up for substitute and will ship out for replacement while they are prepared to be sent novel ones. According to them, the novel chipset will have novel B3 stepping (the present B2) and they will update me 3 weeks before it is in the sales channel. They will give me 3 days up the shipping label also and I will send it back with UPS 3 days choose too. So I have not anything to mislay but 11 days or fewer for the replacement and received the spanking new fixed laptop.