Thread: Device menu in iTunes not working

Device menu in iTunes not working

Hello friends, I have an issue with the i Pod that I had recently purchased. In this when I went in the option of i Tunes preferences; the search option for iPod and i Tunes are available and they both are connected to the computer to the same WIFI network. Now when the remote application is been running in the I tunes it provide a code that I have to enter in it, but I do not get any devices that I can entered into it, I do not know where the problem is occurring. Do I have to change the way to check the setting? Can anyone help me out in this?

Re: Device menu in iTunes not working

Hello friends that must be the problem in the router, try to unplug the router and plug it back and it started working fine. If it doesn’t work fine then try the following things, open the system preference and go to security, in that go to the third option that is the firewall, in that section you will fine three radio option, in that click the third one i.e. set access for specific services and applications. Click the add button in the bottom and after that click add the ITunes into it, now close the window. This should work do try this. If you want you can change the setting the firewall into the previous setting

Hello friends, I had the same issue, I had the firewall disabled in the computer but the phone was not able to find the library in the iphone, also all the executable files were allowed in the windows firewall. I also add the IP address to the two devices, so that they would get the same Ip address bit it couldn’t happened. When I restarted the application, it was providing the same problem in it; the main problem was in the firewall because it would not allow the change that was made in the firewall to be active throughout.

Did you check the IP address of the IPod, if the router set the IP address of your IPOD incorrectly, then it will not be able to connect to the internet, for example; if the address of the computer IP is 192.168.172.3 and the address of the IPod is 192.168.2.8, then you can change the IP to the address to the static to the other first three. So you can change the IP address the computer and the iPod into 192.168.178.5 and 192.168.178.8, the only difference must be in the last value of the IP address. If you want then you can change the address of your computer to the static ones, this can be done if you are using a router to connect to the internet. Also check the firewall of your computer; if you have any of the application that is blocking the packets then you can disable it to check if the connection is active after you removing this.

Thank you for all the post that you people had been posted on the site, it really worked. Also I changed the setting of the security to verify that was that the problem, and surely it was. The way the services is been provided is great and also the connectivity in the internet is working well. But there is only one question, while changing the setting of the security, do they affect the whole system security so that it will open the system wide open for attack.