Thread: Spontaneous reboot in Dell Optiplex 740s

Spontaneous reboot in Dell Optiplex 740s

I am having a problem in my recently purchased Dell Optiplex 740s desktop computer, this specified with intel dual core processor, along with the ATI Radeon graphical interface, 3 GB RAM, and 456 GB Hard drive, this is compatible with wireless connectivity. I recently replace the CPU with this newly purchased CPU machine. The problem is system frequently reboots and flashes that the system is full of infected files. I can’t understand what I should do now. I hope someone from here will surely help me to resolve this.

Re: Spontaneous reboot in Dell Optiplex 740s

Is all of the previous hardware devices are properly working in your system? Is this overheated with any program like with watching movies for a long time or by playing games? All of these might be the cause of the automatic reboot problem. so for this first of all go through these and check whether you will be able to figure out the problem. I hope from these you will be able to figure about the actual cause of this problem. Try this.

According to me the problem that you posted here is may be occurring any other third party software application or the visual program if any one of them is applied in to your system, first of all remove these from your system. Along with also run the disk checking windows default program, it will collect the information regarding any file if is corrupted under the hard drive. In some of the cases I found that these types of problem might be occurred for the corrupted files.

As per my knowledge this issue can be performed for the a virus file though you access your system for inter service and for this some any of the online threat may corrupt your machine, to prevent these type of issues you need to specify your system with a good quality of antivirus program, if you’re having an up to date antivirus application in your system then try once by scan your whole system with that antivirus program, if the system sir corrupted with any virus file then it will recognize and will remove this from your system. few months ago I was also facing relevant type of issue in my HP Pavilion series laptop, after that by eth suggestion of one of my friend I applied that and get relief from the unexpected reboot problem. I hope this will also help you to recover the problem.

This can be the windows problem, start your system in safe mode, hope in this mode the system will not reboot itself, from there open start menu and under the system tool menu click on system restore option, select the desire date where you did you not encounter this problem, and terminate the restoring process, wait till the process completes and direct you to reboot your system, it might take few time to complete the process. go through this process, I hope this will surely help you.

I had an experience with this similar issue in my dell system, this was also reboot automatically after install a application, after that I also applied many tricks to resolve this, but nothing was helped me, then my elder brother has suggest m rot proceed for the windows repair option from windows installation disk, I was just confused about the process, I was though that the problem was occurring for the hardware device, I applied that trick and the problem was solved. So as per your problem it may also be happening for the windows version that you are using. Insert the windows installation disk and from the installation window click on windows repair button, it will execute the process without any concern permission. After complete the process it will automatically reboot your machine, from then I hope the problem will be solved.

I read your post, and think this is completely happening for the hardware device, first of all make sure that all of the hardware devices in your system is running fine, for that enter into the device manager and from there check the status of the drivers those are installed in your system. if you found any such driver is listed with the yellow or red mark with its name then try to update that driver firmware version, because in of these type of issue are can be occurred for outdated firmware version. so if this happen with you then by simply update the driver software version you will be able to overcome from the problem.

Reload your operating system; this is ultimate solution for these types of problem. After applied the above mentioned process if you are still facing the problem then go for the fresh OS installation, for that insert the installation disc into the CD ROM drive and then terminate the installation process, at the beginning it will ask you to select the driver for loading, choose the existing one where the previous OS is installed. It will first format the drive and then reload the OS version. go for this, I think the problem is occurring for the operating system, and if by windows repair the problem is persists then simply proceed for this.

Thank you all of you for providing me such suitable and effective solutions for the problem. I went through all of the processes and fond this is occurring for the operating system and then i tried by windows repair process, this quite helped me. Thank you again.
    If there is any one also having similar issue with this unwanted reboot problem that I recommend you to go through the replies those are posted here. Any one of them will surely help you overcome from the problem.