Thread: Windows 7 not detecting my Dell 2407WFP monitor

Windows 7 not detecting my Dell 2407WFP monitor

My newly bought Dell 2407WFP external monitor is not recognized by my windows 7 compatible Acer desktop computer, it shows that the monitor is a Generic non-pnp Monitor. My system is configured with NVidia Quadro NVS 120M video card. i basically use my system for playing games and sometimes for watching movies, actually the default monition is very small in size and for getting better performance regarding the graphical interface, I purchased the Dell monitor, but this one not detecting. I am not a technical savvy, so is there anyone having any idea on this, why this problem occurring or nay suggestion for me o overcome from the problem.

Re: Windows 7 not detecting my Dell 2407WFP monitor

First of all check the connectivity of the Dell monitor with your system, the problem that you posted here might be happening for the connectivity, if you are suing any HD port, then be sure that one is acting properly, along with this also make sure that monitor connectivity cable is proper, there s no issue with that. if you found any kind of problem in the monitor connectivity then simply go for the solution regarding connectivity or try once by reboot and replug the monitor with the system if the problem is a minor one then this will surely help you.

The problem might be in the connection port of your system, because I was also facing relevant type for problem after that when I deeply searched on this I found that the problem is sometimes occurred for the connection port of the system and in this cases you first of all check the port status from device manager, apart from that for the confirmation plug the external monitor with the another system, if this works then try to connect in your system with any other port. The problem may also in the particular connection port. Go through this, it hope somehow help you figure out the problem.

Is there any hardware creating any kind of problem with the responding in your system? Because one of my friends was also facing same issue, after that when he consults with the manufacturer technical team he found that, for other hardware devices this problem is persists. So I hope if there is any hardware device is removed or now working since before attached the monitor, then first of all remove that driver application and along with also remove the other installed files from the windows installation folder, they might be creating any problem with the reorganization of your external monitor.

As per my knowledge still now the windows 7 did not declared the driver for the external monitor, so the problem that you mentioned here is happening for the monitor hardware driver, might be this is not working properly. So if I suggest you to download and install the driver from manufacturer web site then you need to wait till it released. So as per my opinion this is surely happening for the driver, though you are not able to download this one so for this you need to try by manually driver upload process, for this ping the monitor and wait till it automatically detect eth hardware, if this happens with you then you will be able to overcome from the problem.

The issue may also be occurring for the graphics driver, for that I recommend you to try once by update the driver firmware version, open device manager and then proceed to the display tab, from there right click on the device driver name and choose the online update option, it will collect the information about the update firmware version and will shown to you in a pop up window. You just need to click on install button, it will automatically replace the existing firmware version with this newly installed file. also you can do this from the manufacturer site download the update file and install manually.

I am also facing a problem with my Sony monitor, whenever I tried to ping this into my system, the desktop screen goes blank for few seconds, and after coming back to its original position it flashed an error message into my screen, the device is not recognized by windows. I can’t understand and simply tried to resolve this by reboot the system, but this does not help me, again when I tried to plug the monitor same problem happened. Also I was tried by few tricks from the above posts, but none of these help me. Right now I am not able to play games or movies into my HD monitor. Suggest me some other trick for the problem.

Did you checked the HDMI port in your system as well as in the monitor, the problem might also be occurred for any one then for this you need to contact with the service engineer. Only they can rectify the problem. but if the problem is in your system then plug the system and if this goes blank, then after coming back ping to the device manager and from there check the driver status, if there is any issue with the hardware port or the device driver then from there you can easily figure out the problem. Beside this though the system goes blank for few minute, then it may also be occurring for other application those are applied ion your system, if you can able to detect that one then remove this first from your system and then try to ping the monitor in your machine.