Thread: Nokia E5: No name in incoming message

Nokia E5: No name in incoming message

I am having many contacts in my Nokia E5. Actually I am facing some problem with the incoming message in my phone. Whenever I get the messages in my phone then I can see only the contact number of the message sender. Normally, it should show the name of that person. I have already saved the contact number in my phone with the name accordingly. Can you please tell me that why this is happening to me and how can I solve this issue? I will be thankful for all the replies on this.

Re: Nokia E5: No name in incoming message

There is possibility that you have stored the same contact number with two different names. If that is the case then when you get the message from that number then your phone is getting confused between those two stored numbers and so it is just showing you the contact number of that person. It will not be limited to the messages only; if you get call from that person then also you will get the same thing. So you should search for any such thing and remove the duplicate contact entry accordingly.

Before, I also had the same problem with my phone and was not able to resolve the problem. I tried many things, but it was all wasted time. at last I moved the entire contacts as of my phone memory toward SIM memory and time again that moved reverse to the phone memory now demonstrate me the message by means of the sender's name. I cannot guess the logic behind this, but it solves the problem for me. It must also deal with this and hopefully this will do the same for you.

This issue might be due to some problem with the configuration of contacts. So you should find any such settings and change it accordingly. If they are unable to get then you can restore the response to factory settings and this will cause all settings to their default values. To do this, go to the configuration of your phone and select Restore factory settings. If you ask the security code then enter 12345 and press OK. This will begin to restore the configuration. So this, but should be your last option if you do not help.

This seems that the firmware which you are having in your phone is corrupted and that is the cause that you are getting the issues like this. Therefore you will have to check that which edition of the firmware you are having in your phone. If you are having the outdated firmware in your phone then you will have to upgrade it to the newest edition of the firmware. If that is available then install that in your mobile. This will pick up the concert of the phone also and be able to also resolve the matter for you. I hope that this will let you out of the issue.

Before trying anything else, you must try to contact the Nokia care and ask for the same. They are the people who know that what are the possible issues that can be caused to their phone and what is the exact solution for that. This will be the best thing that can help you. And you should do this first before trying anything else to your phone. If that is out of warranty then you can try the above steps to see, if that is helping you.