Thread: Focus of SD 850 is not proper

Focus of SD 850 is not proper

I am facing a lot of problems in my Sd 850. One of the foremost is the focus of the camera. The focus of the camera is quite poor especially for the mid range and also the long range shots. The short range shots is quite good but as soon as I start with the zoom. The focus gets disturbed and I am not able to get a good clarity of the image. Sometimes the photos does appear fuzzy and hence I am very unhappy with the output. So anyone who knows how to diagnose this particular problem then do let me know about it. Since I want to solve this problem as early as possible.

Re: Focus of SD 850 is not proper

Have you tried the pre focusing method? I think with the pre focusing method you will be able to get a clear and a sharp image from the camera. So for the prefocus you must need to press the shutter down half-way. You must also ensure that the auto focus is on. Then only you will be able to see the boxes around the focus points. So do try with that method and let me know if you are able to get any solutions. If you are not able to get anything then I have another solution for you. So do try it and let me know as early as possible.

Whenever I try to prefocus the result is the same and also the screen appears now more fuzzy. So with that I am unable to do any close up. The images going to appear more bulky. I tried taking a big focus picture but in that also the result was the same. The image was not sharp as I was expecting. So I suppose you will have to reveal the alternate solution that you were talking above. So if you have any then do let me know about it. I am waiting for your suggestions. Do reply as early as possible.

I think there is no alternate solution for it. I think the best method here would be to have a talk with the canon people about this particular problem and ask the particular solution from them. Maybe they will be the better person to answer this query. So do report the problem to them and ask for the solutions may be they will be able to answer this particular query very well. So do try with the suggestion and let me know if you are able to solve the query.

I would advise you to have a proper check of the lens that are there in the camera and I think that will be the better option as of now. May be there is some problem with the lens itself and hence it is giving you problem with the focus. So it is always advisable to have a proper check with the lens of the camera. One more advise that I would like to give you is that if you have any friend who is also having the same camera then do check the same feature in his camera as well .if you are able to get some good clarity picture then the problem is indeed with the lens itself. So I hope you have understood what I am trying to say here.

Ok, got your point what you are trying to make here. I think the problem is with the lens. I will soon be having a talk with the canon people about this matter and will be expecting some quick response from them for this problem. I was expecting some good solution from you all. Anyways I did get some good suggestions. The suggestions that you all have given here were quite informative but still I was expecting some good solution that will help me with the problem.