Thread: Nokia E7 non expandable memory & low RAM

Nokia E7 non expandable memory & low RAM

I wonder why Nokia did wrong move when then make the E7, which I was going to buy it, but now I have changed my mind, because the offer with 16 gb without a card slot. because I knew that there will be a card slot of your phone, then why not making it 32 GB. Incredible error ... No comments, as a great phone with great design, with only 16 GB. I would like if you upgrade internal memory of 32 GB, it will be very good for professionals and managers. RAM and I expected to be 512 not 256. Guys think about it, and try to fix it as soon as possible. believe me if you do, I guarantee you, this device will be the number 1 device.

Re: Nokia E7 non expandable memory & low RAM

It has 256 mb of ram, as you say, but that has not been a problem for me at all. I think I managed to run at least 15 applications at once without any problems. Symbian is too efficient when you consider the RAM, and while you don't have any buggy 3rd party applications then you should be fine. At 16 GB it will send a confirmation that can be a nuisance for those who plan to tons ov videos and music, but for me there is a problem. Even it was much hard to fill up all the 32 GBs in my previous phone. But still it always seems to be better for having an extra space. I guess 256 GB Ram won't be any issue.

So the question should be, you can live with 16 GB of memory? It has the OTG function and comes with a cable. It also has a 300 and 400 mb free internal memory for the internal applications. I just love the Nokia E7 and so far has been an incredible experience. The screen is by far the best screen I've seen on a mobile device because it works so well outdoors too. The keyboard is perfect for writing long emails, write articles, notes, etc.

You can be better than me when it comes to RAM on Symbian OS. Because of my experience is with iPhone3GS, and wanted to return to the new communicator, but it really surprised me when he said he is only 16 GB, I knew better than I that new applications and third party software will be there, and every day the 16 GB not will be nothing to these people as I am a professional manager, but I still like to keep some family photos, videos. I like being in touch with friends in social networks Facebook and Twitter. and I like to be notified and when I reply to this message. Besides, I like having more than one email account, so I think 16 GB is enough? But if you want to keep * for * many pictures and videos and other things that 16 GB is not enough, then I suggest you get another phone, which may not be oriented professional managers: smileyhappy: Seriously, if they manage to fill their 16GB with e-mails then you're doing something wrong.

I do not know how many applications you need, but typically the applications are only a few megabytes. The phone memory has enough space to handle that and more. Do not mix memory and mass storage together! : Smileywink: I created my 3 email accounts so you only download the heads in the mail. It gives me the information I need to decide both as important or not. If so, that open and download email. However, have their accounts set to download all mail should not really be a problem unless you get 1000 emails a day, with heavy content. I keep the most important and delete the spam and unnecessary. Vids will have some space I guess that depending on the quality and durability, but I think it will be able to have a few vids and a lot of pictures without problems, but if you know that 16 GB is too little, you have to look for another device. I do not know if Nokia plans to go to 16/32gb agreement, but not like him. memory card slot was released as would have made the phone a bit thicker. So if you can use your device with the need for things and it's nice to have and not everything else, I think you should be fine. RAM is not a problem.

I also I have the N97 and the memory is almost full! BUT do not really need 8 days 15 hours of music and usually once you delete a video I saw (which I most lunch times at work). I have simply been more selective with the things I put into the phone. I also carry a 16gig memory stick with me all the time so I tend to put movies on that and use USB OTG, and it's great not having to convert many of them as is, it plays everything I've thrown at it so far. I have only one problem with the phone so far, and so is the battery life, the phone is really fighting for the last time during the day, although it has been widely used in the last couple of weeks and I am sure that improve once the novelty effect is gone, well that is not a problem for anyone who is based in the office or have a car charger? I'm really happy with the E7 and anyone who thinks the specifications are not adequate for the demands of a market for alternative products, so good luck to them.