Thread: MTP USB device drivers not installed on Windows 7, Doesn’t detects Samsung Captivate

MTP USB device drivers not installed on Windows 7, Doesn’t detects Samsung Captivate

I recently tried to connect my Windows 7 desktop operating system to my Samsung Captivate phone and despite numerous deletions of the device in Windows Device Manager and reconnect I have made no progress. I'd appreciate any pointers on installing (find?) The drivers that allows me to access the external SD card in your phone so you can transfer music and files. Thanks!

Re: MTP USB device drivers not installed on Windows 7, Doesn’t detects Samsung Captivate

Before messing up with the windows drivers installed on your machine I would suggest you to check that other usb ports on your machine are working or not. If not then you should check connecting your phone with all the other ports as well. All ports does not only includes the usb ports on front side, But try connecting with the back side as well. It might happen that the port to which you are connecting now is not having a proper connecting with the motherboard internally.

Re: MTP USB device drivers not installed on Windows 7, Doesn’t detects Samsung Captivate

There are several reasons why a USB device cannot list all when connected to a USB port. Presumptuous that the amend was detected by connecting the USB hub driver, the following events will cause the device not listed at all:

• The USB device is stabilized during the rebound.
    • A surge event occurred during enumeration.
    • A port disconnect event occurred during enumeration.
    • The port is reported to be suspended after a successful reboot port.

Wondering if it connects via USB 2.0. Though technically still must find the drive, I noticed reporting of Windows 7 is adapted here is nothing like a hard drive is not connected to a USB 2.0 port here. Most mines are 2.0, almost a game, and when the 2.0 is full sometimes, this is my choice, and what I've seen. Not much to really offer you here, do not think this should be a problem and cannot be. I notice a lot of 2.0 7 complain or not to actually use. Any other USB devices work like a printer or an ipod, etc?

In the majority cases where the list is not the hub driver is still the report of the arrival of a device to Windows. In these cases, the USB device will appear as "Unknown Device" in Device Manager, and will have a device ID of "USB \ VID_0000 and PID_0000" and a hardware identification and identification compatible "USB \ UNKNOWN". The following events will originate the USB hub driver to detail a USB device as "Unknown Device".

1. A port reset request timed out during enumeration.
    2. The application sets the direction for the USB device.
    3. The application for request of devices USB device descriptors.
    4. The USB device descriptor was malformed Validation and no.
    5. The application for configuration descriptor failed.
    6. The USB configuration descriptor was validation, not malformed.

In Windows 7, the devices that do not list will be marked with failure code 43 in device manager. The lower level operating system, ie Windows Vista, the device manager can not have an error code. So how to detect faults in the list is to see the hardware ID in the detailed property page (right click on the device and select Properties and then look click the Details tab) of the device in Device Manager.

There is a second reason why a device listed as "Unknown Device" in device manager, even if the recount has been completed successfully. This happens when the device does not offer a product identification string during enumeration and the system is not able to find a game device INF to install a driver. In this case, the device will be marked with failure code 28 in device manager. You might be able to obtain the driver downloaded and installed from the Windows Update site by right clicking on the device in Device Manager and selecting "Update driver software" then select "Search automatically for updated driver software".