Thread: Lexmark X5470 stopped working after upgrading Windows Vista to 7

Lexmark X5470 stopped working after upgrading Windows Vista to 7

I have used the Windows Vista from last four years and there were no problem for running this operating system on my desktop machine along with the printer (Lexmark X5470 printer). I just thought to upgrade my machine and I installed the Windows 7 on the same machine after which my machine is not letting me use my printer. Does anybody has any idea what could problem with the windows 7 here?

Re: Lexmark X5470 stopped working after upgrading Windows Vista to 7

It is certain when installing the printer program, something went wrong. Does so much. Drawing once again the USB connector of the printer to the PC connects from the PC. Then turn on the printer, and can be times. Well, now uninstall the program that came with the printer again. Is it gone, can shove the CD, and reinstall. There comes the call: connect USB printer to a PC. Do it now, and run the installation process ends.

Most probably this seems to be an issue of windows drivers, I guess you have not installed the proper drivers for the Lexmark printer that you have connected with the desktop machine. I suggest you to go to the Device Manager from where you can select the particular hardware connected to your machine and then check that there are any driver updates available or not. There would be yellow exclamation mark in front of the chosen device. Click on that yellow mark and windows 7 will search for the latest drivers for the same device.

Your printer must have came along with the CD that contains the driver to make it running on the windows operating system. I suggest you to utilize that CD to install the proper drivers on your windows 7 machine. Other then drivers, there could be some kind of issue regarding the cords itself, First of all check that your printer has been detected by the windows 7 or not. And if it detects then check its functionality by giving single print job. If does not prints then it needs a simple settings compatible with it.