Thread: Samsung WB500 Program mode/Manual mode light issue

Samsung WB500 Program mode/Manual mode light issue

Hello friend, I have problem regarding my old Samsung camera of model WB500.I have passion to play with camera. I keep this camera always with me for photography. From last two days I am getting some issue in adjusting the mode light in program or manual mode. Is it possible to do. I don’t know the way. Can anybody here aware of this type of the problem. Share yor idea and help other.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Samsung WB500 Program mode/Manual mode light issue

I am also having same model of camera. I am also facing same problem.Once I was taking photos in night, in black and white, there was so many of lamps and lights around. But when I tried to set it to ISO 1600 and t1/125 to capture photos of moving people I found it dark. And when I switch to ISO 3200 causes’ lots of grainage and and again getting dark. it seemed light but the grainage is still very large and the image are not as still, so you will see movement. I tried this with Program mode – Then there is no grainage, i can easily use ISO 800, but then the snapshot is impossible - you can see people, cars everything moving. So help me to come out of this problem friend.

Hello friend, you have very nicely questioned the problem. When you shoot at more than ISO 800 photos seems out too grainy. It happens due to digital noise. Shooting at 800 ISO should give you accurate results; you need to see a way to get sufficient light to your object or photo or image to get a good shot without any increase in the ISO. For more light shoot in wider aperture. No use of optical zoom. Or for more light press shutter button slowely. It is trick to get better photos.

Listen friend, everything has a limit what you can do. If you set aperture at its maximum width or height and the ISO is at 800 then only other option you have do just is adjust the shutter speed. Slow press the shutter button give proper result. Or it depend an environment where there's more light. The best compact cameras for shooting pictures at night are the Panasonic LX5, the Canon. But for about the same price, you can buy DSLR better having more facility.

Thanks all of you who have shared their view on this topic. Thanks for speaking on the program and manual mode of shooting. For giving, the tip for clear or quality shooting. Such about ISO, aperture and shutter speed. I come to know the way to take photo in night and day. How the light can affect the photo quality. So I would like to thanks once again to all the people who shared this forum.