Thread: Desktop search application for Motorola Xoom

Desktop search application for Motorola Xoom

I am always comfortable using the desktop search applications for example the “Google Desktop” in my computer. I have just hooked on the Motorola Xoom and I have been searching for applications which would allow me to make easy search in my tablet, but am unable to find any applications for my Motorola Xoom. So if you guys can suggest any of the applications which will serve the purpose.

Re: Desktop search application for Motorola Xoom

Astro File Manager is a very powerful and comprehensive file manager, and above all it is a freeware for Android smartphones. Like any other file manager, the Astro File Manager allows you to navigate the folder tree and perform common tasks on files such as copy, move or delete. This application has a cool and trendy toolbar at the top which will help in navigating in the directory, it even consists of buttons so that you can start a search. It provides easy tools for editing the entries and can even bookmark a specific folder.

I have used the Astro application and would suggest you to try it. Using this application you can easily take a backup and can even try restoring the public apps moreover you can even install or uninstall them as you desire. What I mean to say is that you can have a backup of applications which are not so much in use and then uninstall them, and when you really need that application you can again install it. But this application supports most of the compressed files like zip and tgz. It even includes convenient features such as viewing images or text files, or the availability of free space on the memory card.

I just don’t understand as to why do you need a desktop search application for your Motorola Xoom tablet when the Google Search is already available in this devise. You will find the option of Google search on top left hand corner of the screen on your Motorola Xoom. Al you have to do is hit the Google search button on your screen and just type whatever you want and you will have it searched using Google search.

If you are a Verizon customer then I will suggest you a Microsoft’s Bing application for Android platform. It is really a cool application and some of its following features are :
    1. You can search for things movies, maps, news, images and a lot more.
    2. It has a cool feature called the “Bing image” for the day.
    3. It provides limitless scroll while you search for images.
    4. It offers an option of direction search.
    5. In its menu button it includes options like user history, favorites and even settings.

The Bing application even consists of “Voice Search” which is integrated with the application, a feature that works even on Google. It is popular as it provides quick and relevant results. So if you are trying to go for a change or trying to find a replacement for the Google search then the Bing application By Microsoft for your Android is a better alternative. But the only disadvantage is that it is only available for the Verizon customers.

If you want to make search for images on your Android then I would suggest you the application called “Bing Image Search”. This is an Android application used to search for images. So it sounds like Android has got one more feather in the cap and that is the Bing Search application which is useful while searching for images. Bing Image Search is a true search engine that you can install on your smartphones which allows the user to find images using the special portal of Microsoft, Bing.