Thread: A good Notepad application for Motorola Xoom

A good Notepad application for Motorola Xoom

Previously I was using Blackberry which was like a companion to me for around five months, but when I was in United States I went to a store and I saw the Motorola Xoom. I have to say that this Tablet is just awesome and I think it is more superior then the Apple iPad and I really mean it. So I just bought this cool tablet and was wondering as to which is the best notepad application for Motorola Xoom. I am awaiting your response. And I would even like to know why you prefer that application.

Re: A good Notepad application for Motorola Xoom

I would suggest you a notepad application for your Motorola Xoom called the “Evernote”. The main advantage of Evernote is that you can use this application on your PC with Windows or with your Mac with Mac OS X . Even in Linux, you can use it with “Wine”, in short it is compatible for a variety of platforms. The second advantage is that all your notes can be made available on your computer or mobile device and even Evernote servers simultaneously. So no matter if you lose information then you can retrieve the data through the Internet. By default, Evernote gives you 40MB of storage capacity, and is expandable up to 500MB if you buy a premium account.

Yes "AK Notepad" is an application which is fully loaded with exciting functions. You can change the theme of this application which will mainly affect the background color of the notepad. Can perform basic functions like adjusting the text size, can toggle ON and OFF the horizontal lines, you can even make the links in the text clickable. You can easily sort a list, choose the color of the alert signal, and you can even export and import notes. So you really have to try this application to experience the variety of capabilities of this application.

I prefer the Evernote application, as it is not so confusing. In this application the notes are stored in notebooks. You can even create books for each area of your project you are currently working on. To be more precise, you can make use of notes using labels with keywords or topic you have in common which makes your work much easier. Evernote gets along well with everyone. The Gallery also offers compatible peripherals such as light pens, printers or scanners and even notebooks design on paper. So I find this application very handy and am just loving it.

I would suggest you an application called the “OI Notepad”. This application takes the user directly to the main page, which even represents the list view for the notes. Here you can define new notes from the SD card and check for updates. If you long click on an existing note then it will open a context menu, which sends the corresponding note. What is evident is the handling of the application which I find very interesting. Notes appear on the main page with the first 30 characters, and a title. OI offers more than a Notepad application, as it even provides complementary domestic feature of encryption of notes. It is an Android application and a freeware and you can download it from the official site on the internet.

I would recommend you an application called the “AK Notepad” which is meant for the Android platform. It allows writing notes or even longer texts. If you are in the notebook then you will have a Menu button using which you can change the title, can even keep a reminder to either add or remove a note, you can even undo changes. If you long hold the note then you can will get a context menu from which you can then use the following options :
    - Delete the note
    - Send the note by email
    - You can even send it through an SMS
    - Or you can even attach it as a “post it” on your desktop, but it only works in case of original home screen

Yes even I use the Evernote application and I have no issues whatsoever. It has a fast and powerful search engine. For instance if you save three or four notes you will have no problem, but if you write down everything you might have face some issues, there will be a time when the volume of information will be considerably large. Even though you don’t need to worry because Evernote has an integrated search engine that highlights the notes and the content based on the word or phrase you want. The same applies to every note, in which you can perform an internal search and highlight the results.