Thread: Motorola Xoom charging indicator

Motorola Xoom charging indicator

My parents just gifted me a new Motorola Xoom a few days back. I am really in love with this Motorola tablet and am very thrilled with its performance. But last night I had some issues rather should I say I was confused whether it is a flaw in the device or what. So when I was charging my tablet the charging indicator did not show the light even when it was completely charged I did not see the light. But what I observed was that only when I plugged in it showed me the light. So just want to know where is the problem.

Re: Motorola Xoom charging indicator

I would like to clarify one of the most prominent doubts that the users have regarding the Motorola charging indicator. One thing that you are supposed to keep in mind is that you will be able to see the light only when the tablet is powered off and charging. So the conclusion is that if you want the charging indicator to display you must always turn off your Motorola Xoom. So you don’t need to worry much as this is just a common misunderstanding.

The purpose of the charging indicator is to make you aware when the device is charging, and as a fact the charging indicator will only prompt you with the light when the devise is turned off. But in case if your Motorola Xoom is switched ON and is charging then you can see the charging state of your devise which is indicated by a small icon in the lower right side corner of your tablet. So just sit back and relax as it is no big issue.

For all you guys who are confused I have a suggestion that will clear all your doubts. There is a free “Widget” which is accessible in the market, and it is known as the ‘Battery Solo Widget’. This widget is very much compatible with the Motorola Xoom tablet. So try to find this widget and install it in your devise and set it as a widget on the opening screen of your tablet. This widget will give the indication of the charging state of your devise, but you will be required to turn ON the display. So I think this solution really proves helpful.

I think this is truly absurd, no one turns OFF their mobile phones in this case a tablet. Why should I turn off my tablet and charge it, just because the indicator lights up when the tablet is OFF and charging does not mean that you are supposed to charge it by switching OFF your tablet. But I personally think that the light should work even if the screen is OFF. But in case of Motorola Xoom it is different. In this case the widget which was suggested is a genuine alternative.

First of all let me caution you that you must always make use of the charger that you got along with the Motorola Xoom for charging the tablet. If you are using the USB port for charging then please stop that practice as it is specifically meant for data transfer purposes. If you power OFF the tablet and start charging you will get a white light. But when the devise is completely charged the light turns to green color. You can check the charging status even when the tablet is switched ON from the lock screen when you have locked the display and if the display is unlocked then you can check the charge icon.