Thread: Backlight time on Nokia X2-00

Backlight time on Nokia X2-00

I have bought a new Nokia X2-01 just few days back and it is working great. But as I am using the Nokia phone for the first time and I am not aware of Symbian operating system. Now I have seen the first problematic thing on this phone is while talking on the phone. I have noticed that when I am receiving a call or make a call then after pressing the last button (calling button), My phone's backlight gets off within only 15 seconds, This has became hard for me now. Can you guys tell me how can I deal with it?

Re: Backlight time on Nokia X2-00

Backlight On / Off works on user interaction with the device, if no activity for a specified period of time, the backlight turns off. There is one way to keep the backlight on is by ResetInactivityTime, which resets the inactivity timer. Please keep in mind that the backlight is a major consumer of energy on your phone and it is really helpful to prevent power by switching backlight off as much as you can. You need to implement the given below code in the timer so that it continuously resets the inactivity time.
    Code:
    User::ResetInactivityTime();

Instead keeping your phone backlight always ON, It would be better to limit the time for which your phone's backlight stays ON. You may set the largest limit but at least your phone's backlight will Switch Off which would be ultimately saving the phone battery that you can use for calling few more people. I suggest you to get into the Settings on your Nokia phone's Menu and then enter into display setting where you can set the time limit for backlight.

Thank you so much as I have found an option by using which I am able to change the time till then my phone's backlight will stay one and then it will get off. People may get confused about the same as there is keypad lock time as well. People sets the time for it and it does directly locks your phone which switch offs the backlight with the lock rather then only switching off backlight. Actually you need to go to the Menu -> Settings -> Phone -> Display -> and set time for light time out.

There is one more way by which you can get rid of such odd functionality on your phone, You just need to reset the factory settings which will make everything like new phone. By default backlight time would be same as keypad lock time. So until your phone’s keypad gets locked, Your phone would be showing you everything with the full brightness.