Thread: E7 File transfer problem with windows7

E7 File transfer problem with windows7

I am having nokia E7 cell phone I wanted to transfer some video files from my cell phone to my computer.I am also facing trouble in transferring files in explorer of windows 7. Whenever I try to copy any video file to mass storage folder in mobile phone it does not get copied every time it shows some error.I tried with different machine having windows XP as operating system It was working absolutely fine. So can someone tell me why this problem is happening?

Re: E7 File transfer problem with windows7

I am not sure that this solution will help you or not but since this information I have so I would like to share with you.The error which you are getting while transferring the video file in windows 7 may be because of the reason that windows 7 does not support file transfer of files which are greater than 2 GB in size. So first of all you need to check out for your size of the file which you wanted to transfer.If it's size is less than 2 GB you can easily transfer it.

I was also facing the same issue . I had trouble while transferring files in explorer in windows7. I was looking out for the solution of the problem. I found one solution then I changed file extension to mp4 . windows 7 does not allow you to copy a .m4v file into E7 video folder in windows explorer. So you try this solution.It may work for you. Just you need to change the file extension from .m4v to .mp4 file format.

I am using Ovi suite for file transferring. I have checked syn utility for video and audio file . for video file it was showing error . So I changed the file extension for video file from m4v to mp4 . After changing file extension it started working fine. I am not hundred percent sure that file extension has done the trick. In windows 7 explorer ,nokia shell checks the files. If it finds .mp4 extension of files then only it will transfer it.

The problem you have mentioned here has got very simple solution. Even one of friend also had the same problem he changed file extension. Since windows 7 does not allow you to copy video files of .m4v extension into E7 video folder mass memory. So just need to change the file extension from .m4v to .mp4 .Once you changed the file extension you can easily transfer files between your phone and your computer without any error.