Thread: How to enable Handwriting Recognition in Nokia X3-02 Touch

How to enable Handwriting Recognition in Nokia X3-02 Touch

I have just bought a new Nokia X3-02 Touch last day and I am quite happy after buying this phone. One of my friend told me that this phone also has a handwriting recognition feature so that I can write the messages with the freehand, No to worry about pressing wrong keys and looking at the keypad as well as screen. I guess by using this feature it would be bit more faster to write. Now the problem is that I am not able to find out that how can I enable this handwriting recognition on my phone. Can somebody please help me?

Re: How to enable Handwriting Recognition in Nokia X3-02 Touch

Choose the option of handwriting on Nokia Symbian Phones.

1. On the main screen, Open the menu screen.
    2. From the main menu, Get in to Messaging.
    3. On the Message Menu, Open the New Message.
    4. This will show you empty text message, tap on the text box. You would be having a keypad on the screen for writing the message by taping the each key on given on keypad.
    5. In order to use the handwriting recognition, You need to tap a button given above the number 1 key, It would be having an icon of keyboard. Then tap on the Handwriting option.
    6. A red panel on the screen is your small board where you can start writing.

Several control buttons surround the panel, allowing you to switch between uppercase and lowercase letters, symbols, select or type numbers. You can also move the box around the screen by clicking and dragging the arrow buttons crossed the upper right corner of the panel (useful if you want to see more of the text as you type).

Using the handwriting option
    • You would be able to write letters or whole words in the handwriting panel. Stylus will help with accurateness.
    • Write plain vertical space letters, and if writing a word, parting small gaps between the characters straight. They appear in the text above panel.
    • To insert a space between words or characters, sketch a horizontal line from left to right.
    • To delete a character, draw a horizontal line from right to left.
    • To eradicate a word or numerous characters just the once, Highlight the characters from the screen itself.
    • You can modify the character case through the AB button after to the panel of handwriting, or swap the input number through the button 12. You would be able to choose symbols by pressing the *# box.
    • Once you have finished entering text, Tap on the Green Right sign on the corner.

Formerly you have supplemented a recipient in the usual way (by pressing the central button of the contacts on the bottom of the screen to view your contacts) you would be able to send the message by taping the envelope marked on the bottom left the screen. The option of handwriting recognition can be useful for any functions in which you want to write text such as notes and calendar with email and browsing. Or you can say that wherever you can see the text keypad, You can have the handwriting recognition as well. Suppose you have enabled the handwriting option in any application then it would be enabled for all the next applications too where you try to write any text. So it is like Once For All. It reduces the annoying process or choosing the option all the time.

There is a kind of problem for using the handwriting recognition feature on the nokia phone as I have experienced this feature. Actually it really works great if your handwriting is good, And if not then it would be bit hard for your phone to understand what you write on the writing pad. There is one more way to make it more easier for your phone to understand your writing is to write the capital letters of language. No matter you write capital letter "A", If you have chosen to write in small letters then it would be writing "a" only. But you should be faster to write whole sentence in capital letters.